Brand new and bummed out

Options
I am so tired of thinking about my weight every second of the day. It is literally ALL I can think about. I have to get myself back on track but am having such a hard time. I'm really hoping MFP will be just what I need to keep track and stay on course!

Replies

• cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    don't be bummed out! :) as long as you have motivation and determination you can do it! :)
  • Tinkerwings
    Options
    Thanks. I'm just mad that I have allowed myself to gain this much weight. Now my goal seems overwhelming. But I am determined. I just need to be kept accountable!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think everyone feels that way, getting angry about letting themselves get so out of shape. As for goals, set small ones.

For instance, set a goal to lose 10 pounds first, and it won't seem so daunting. Or set a goal to start waking 30 minutes per day and increase your goal once you hit it. No worries, you can do it!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If it helps...I still think about it allthe time but the thoughts are positive now
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm just mad that I have allowed myself to gain this much weight. Now my goal seems overwhelming. But I am determined. I just need to be kept accountable!

Keep your long-term goal, of course, BUT maybe set a whole bunch of fairly easily attained mini-goals so 1) the whole thing doesn't seem so daunting and 2) you will continually have a bunch of little successes to keep you motivated for the long haul!!!!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there, dont get overwhelmed by it all. This is a journey for life, you are getting healthier and your weight will go down. Why not set yourself goals along the way rather than THE goal.

We all have days whre it is too much, too far and when we forget why we are doing it, ride that storm and pick it up the next day! Ive been on here for ages and Ill be on here for ages more coz my weight goes up and down, I am focussed then life hits me with a little something and i go off track then i get back on track with the help of my mfpals :) i guess you could try to enjoy the ride not just think that youll enjoy arriving at goal! good luck
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I agree - set some small goals and it'll make it easier.
  • raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options

We all feel that way at the start of diets though, right? That's what makes you start the diet- you know you need to change something. That's why it is easy to be motivated for the first week or so, too.
    But after a little while of being on the diet, you'll see the scale slowly tick down and you feel a little thinner each week. You don't feel disgusted 24/7. You keep thinking about food, but it's not in a desperate hungry way, you're just calculating what's going work calorie-wise for that meal. Before you know it, you'll be halfway there :)
  • Tinkerwings
    Options
    Thank you all!! My plan is to just focus on 10lbs at a time. :)