"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options
Hello Everyone!

I was hoping to start a new Support Group of 10 lbs at a time. I was hoping to make a monthly goal of 10 lbs a month. If you are interested weigh-ins will be on Sundays Mornings after using the bathroom. Since we are in the middle of October I think we should set this month as the only 5 lb month. The challenge will run from today through January 1st! Anyone can join just send me a friend request and post here! My goal is to set small goals and before you know it our over goals will be met! Let's support each other no one should do this alone!

Starting Weight: 239
MFP Starting Weight: 226
November 1st Goal: 216
December 1st Goal: 206
January 1st Goal: 196
FINAL GOAL: 150

1st Weigh-in 10/11/09: 222.5
Total Weightloss to Date: 16.5

Replies

• blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi!
    Great idea for a challenge. Please count me it!! I need to be accountable . . either that or a hard kick in the butt.

Having just turned 39 last week, I'm determined to lose my extra 'baby' weight and spend my 40th bday in a bikini in Hawaii (and not offend anyone :smile: ).
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! 10 lbs at a time is do able. I am trying to find a home here. Everyone seems to have established groups. I just ballooned after having baby # 3 and getting back to work.

Starting weight 313
    Current weight 308.3
    November 1st goal 298

1st weigh in 308.3

Amber
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm at 215 and my Nov. 1st goal is 210
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Options
    Looks like we started roughly the same time. Now lets kick it into high gear.
    It seems everytime I lost weight I got pregnant. Well now we have taken care of that, I am ready to get fit forever!!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about joining a challenge, and this sounds good to me =) My only thing is that I won't be able to weigh in until Monday morning.... I've been using the scale at work and my scale at home is whacko. :tongue:

Starting weight: 285
    Current weight: 278
    November 1 goal: 273
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Would love to be part of the Challenge also. It seems we all have similar goals.

I started MFP on 10/6, for my first goal I want to lose 10 pounds by 11/2.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    hello
    i just joined today and was looking to for small goals just like the ones you mentioned so please count me in.

starting weight 242
    november 1st goal 232

i look forward to seeing how things go for all of us in november.
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    bump
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey EVERYONE!!!

I am so glad that so many of you wanted to join the challenge!! That gives me even more motivation than I already had! We can all com here to Vent, Chat, recipe swap, and support each other!! Let's make this our new MFP home...I am going to check in every day here but if you need to talk you can always send me a message!

Today I am on track with calories but debating what to make for dinner! I was thinking Turkey Chili...anyone have any good low cal/ low-fat Turkey Chili Recipes???

:)
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    bump

Sorry to sound silly, but what does Bump mean? I have seen it all over the site! I am fairly new to the message boards!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I've been thinking about joining a challenge, and this sounds good to me =) My only thing is that I won't be able to weigh in until Monday morning.... I've been using the scale at work and my scale at home is whacko. :tongue:

Starting weight: 285
    Current weight: 278
    November 1 goal: 273

No Problem at all!! I just wanted to set general guidelines to help us along!! Welcom Welcome!!
  • haley4tn
    Options
    bump

Sorry to sound silly, but what does Bump mean? I have seen it all over the site! I am fairly new to the message boards!

It's to "bump" the post back on the top of the list, because they feel that it's an important issue. :flowerforyou:
  • silvertears
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Wednesday!:flowerforyou:

What's on the agenda today?

I was going to try to make it to the gym this morning to do the elliptical, but my body protested a bit too much. I think I need to flip my mattress - I wake up really stiff and sore :grumble: I do Power 90 in the evenings and today is weight training. :happy:

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!

Today I started off a bit slow moving and I decided to buy a coffee instead of making it....well what a mistake that was!!!! I bought a Medium Pumpkin Spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts and then decided to look up calorie information :noway: I was in shock!! Just the coffee with the pumpkin flavoring is 170 calories and I added light cream and splenda!!! :noway: :cry: That will be the last time I do that!!! Now I have to take a huge calorie blow that will interfere with my snacks! I am not going to take this as failure but I am still in shock considering coffee by itself is zero calories!! There should be a warning label on the flavored coffee!!!

~Silvertears: Today I plan to do the Biggest loser circuit work out 2wice once this morning and again this evening, (maybe I can burn this coffee off) lol!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    bump

It's to "bump" the post back on the top of the list, because they feel that it's an important issue. :flowerforyou:

Ohhhh! Thank you...good to know!! :happy:
  • silvertears
    Options

Today I started off a bit slow moving and I decided to buy a coffee instead of making it....well what a mistake that was!!!! I bought a Medium Pumpkin Spice coffee from Dunkin Donuts and then decided to look up calorie information :noway: I was in shock!! Just the coffee with the pumpkin flavoring is 170 calories and I added light cream and splenda!!! :noway: :cry: That will be the last time I do that!!! Now I have to take a huge calorie blow that will interfere with my snacks! I am not going to take this as failure but I am still in shock considering coffee by itself is zero calories!! There should be a warning label on the flavored coffee!!!

You know what GI Joe always said: Knowing is half the battle :laugh:
  • tiffani82
    tiffani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Greetings!! :smile:

I am definitly in I joined the site on Sunday so I am very new.

Joining/Current Weight: 180 lbs.
    November 1 Goal: 175 lbs
    ULTIMATE GOAL: 110
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Happy Wednesday too! :flowerforyou:

Goal for me today it walk another hour tonight, last night about kicked my booty.

It's strange how in just one week of caring about myself how much better I feel about me. It's like a cloud is being lifted off of me!

So when do we want to set the dates of weight in's??
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Can i join in? i need a group to keep me motivated im not that far away from my goal
    SW on MFP: 145lbs
    SW w/ group: 125lbs
    GW:110lbs (with more muscle tone)
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Options
    I am going to join Snap Fitness I think anyone know anything about it? Im going in tomorrow.
    I never belonged to a gym before. Nervous and excited!