Could you quit food completely if it were possible?

I can go for hours and hours and hours without eating (no, I generally don't), but as soon as I taste food, it's all I can think about. I think I could easily quit food...if that were possible. As much as I love food, I think I hate it equally as much for becoming such a burden in my life.

If you could pop an "all in one" pill 3 times a day and never have to eat again, never feel hunger, and be 100% nourished, would you/ could you do it?

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Without giving it too much thought, sure. Would I never have a craving for food? Then sure, I think I would. And could I have it when I wanted it, like at social functions like dinner dates and all that? If so, yes.
  • Huxalyn
    Huxalyn Posts: 14 Member
    Never. Food is a joy in life for me. Well, let me rephrase: GOOD food is a joy.
  • Reminds me of the old future cartoons where somone pops a pill and says "Mmm... turkey with mash potatoes and gravy".

Honestly I would pop the magic pill and skip eating. I could think of more enjoyable activites to occupy my time not eating.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    I am a food addict. I too cannot start or I cannot stop! I do wish I could quit food completely. That's why food addiction is so insidious as opposed to any other addiction BECAUSE we can't just quit. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 20 years and I quit cold turkey 13 years ago. So, I believe I could do it though I imagine it would be difficult just like quitting smoking was not easy.

Great question Brenda!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Yes I could quit food. I would go for hours and hours w/o food and then eat a huge meal because I was starving. But I don't think I would have to same joy. As someone else said food is a integral part of our relationships.
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Good question!!! I honestly don't know if I could. I would love to quit food & rely on a pill but I'm a "closet" eater so I think I would still sneak food even with a magic pill :ohwell:
  • Reminds me of "Soylent Green" :sick: :laugh: I enjoy food too much to ever give it up.
  • avamariah
    avamariah Posts: 26 Member
    I could not give up food because I hate popping pills. The thought of taking a pill makes me want to vomit.
  • Oh gosh no. I love to eat :blushing:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I would LOVE to do that... I could absolutely do it no problem!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    NO.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,537 Member
    Never ever ever. I :heart: food!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I don't think so. I love not only the taste of the food but also the texture. You wouldn't get that from a pill. :bigsmile:
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    I also love food too much. I don't just eat because I'm hungry, I eat because I love the flavors, the chewing, the swallowing, taking bites, savoring the flavor, the textures... No, a pill would not do that for me.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Heck no... Food is meant to be enjoyed and in the company of others. We all just need to reprogram our brain to understand it isn't for us to go crazy and eat more then needed.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I don't think so. I love not only the taste of the food but also the texture. You wouldn't get that from a pill. :bigsmile:

That would be the best part. :tongue:
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    and to not have to grocery shop? sign me up!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    No shopping, no cooking, no clean-up? Woo-hoo! :laugh:

But I would like the option to have food sometimes, even if it's work.