Brand new

Options
Need all the help and support I can get. Never tried any real fitness program before and am a bit reluctant to try now. I really want to get healthy and more active. My goal is to lose around 55 lbs, but have no real realistic time frame. Have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. HELP!! :)

Replies

• TrishD2
    TrishD2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • sibitalic
    sibitalic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am a newbie too. My goal is to lose 45 and ideally 55 pounds. We're in it together and I know we can do this! :)
  • Lyanasonni
    Lyanasonni Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello! I'm also new, but have succeeded losing weight on a few plans.
    Stopped for a long time, very depressed.
    Now beginning a new & different experience. Partly to learn & share!, partly for health reasons (diabetic family).

(Ignore the below if you don't want advice from a non-dietician/me:)

[In my personal experience:]
    If it's hard to stop eating & the like:
    -Lowered calories slightly* over a long period of time can really add up after a while! No time-frame needed here, and it's one of the easiest ways to lose weight.
    -Remembering a skipped "bad food": May feel bad now, but tomorrow, or on weight-check days it's something to rejoice.
    -If you drink soda, drop the pop (or just reduce it). Doing that made my weight stick at 15 lbs lower than my highest, no matter what state I'm in. I converted to diet soda.

*Make sure it's only a low reduction, which you can stick to. Maybe 100 calories. Results are slow, but they add up. Never go below what is healthy for your body-type.

[If you're sedentary:]
    -Light exercise, like dancing or walking, can really help (Dance Central videos on Youtube, just search Dance Central Easy).
    -If feeling up for it, up the exercise slowly (and calories to suit).
    -New pup? If you like pets & it's possible, it can really help. My new lab is great to have around, makes me feel a lot happier, and encourages going on walks! :)

[In General:]
    -More water can help appetite disappear for longer & is a healthy habit in general.
    -Exercise is a huge ego-boost to see on the Fitness page! A little can add up, just like the slightly lower calories.
    -If you can afford it (I can't): Personal Trainer/Dietician.
    -If you can't afford it: just keep going on! We'll support you ;)

[If you don't mind some difficulty & feeling very down for a while:]
    -Low-carb I'm trying out now REALLY makes me feel full. But as I said, the first week [where I am] is very physically straining :)

Whew, sorry for the wall-of-text. I just like to share, maybe even help someone else along :smile:
    If you're not scared after reading this or my profile, feel free to add me!