"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I really need motivation.
    SW 225
    CW 215
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone!

Your challenge sounds like fun.

Chunkylover: I used to belong to Snap Fitness and LOVED that I could go absolutely any time I felt like it, because I was working two jobs and 9pm or later was the best time for me. I also like that they're relatively inexpensive and most sites have trainers that you can work with to get a good foundation of which machines and exercises you should be using. I recently canceled my membership, though, simply because I really don't like going to the gym. I've found I prefer using workout DVDs and my treadmill at home. Have fun with it, though! If I were ever going to join a gym again, I would definitely go back to Snap.

Last night, I ate dinner while watching Biggest Loser, then spent 40 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals, which burned 570 calories. I stayed within my calories for the day!! Tonight it will be walking at volunteer work.

SW on 1/1/2009: 219
    SW for this challenge: 206
    Goal weight: 150

Good luck and happy exercising!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    18 days until weigh in on November 1st.

We must, we must, we must reduce ourselfs... you know I wanted to type something else, :wink: . Which could happen when we start to lose, :laugh:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone!

Your challenge sounds like fun.

Chunkylover: I used to belong to Snap Fitness and LOVED that I could go absolutely any time I felt like it, because I was working two jobs and 9pm or later was the best time for me. I also like that they're relatively inexpensive and most sites have trainers that you can work with to get a good foundation of which machines and exercises you should be using. I recently canceled my membership, though, simply because I really don't like going to the gym. I've found I prefer using workout DVDs and my treadmill at home. Have fun with it, though! If I were ever going to join a gym again, I would definitely go back to Snap.

Last night, I ate dinner while watching Biggest Loser, then spent 40 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals, which burned 570 calories. I stayed within my calories for the day!! Tonight it will be walking at volunteer work.

SW on 1/1/2009: 219
    SW for this challenge: 206
    Goal weight: 150

Good luck and happy exercising!

WTG on the treadmill! :flowerforyou:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I really need motivation.
    SW 225
    CW 215

The more the better support! Welcome aboard!!
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday too! :flowerforyou:

Goal for me today it walk another hour tonight, last night about kicked my booty.

It's strange how in just one week of caring about myself how much better I feel about me. It's like a cloud is being lifted off of me!

So when do we want to set the dates of weight in's??

I was thinking we could weigh in on Sundays...does that work for you? I know there is one person that has to weigh in on Monday because she uses her work scale!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    18 days until weigh in on November 1st.

We must, we must, we must reduce ourselfs... you know I wanted to type something else, :wink: . Which could happen when we start to lose, :laugh:

:laugh: My mother used to say the original version allllll the time!!! LOL!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:

May I join your group ..... i weigh in on Wednesday's with another group but i can report here on sunday's if that is easier .... loss 2 pounds this week YAY .... BMI i am out of obese WOOOOHOOO ... good luck in everyone's weight loss journey and know that you CAN DO IT :wink:
  • fatdesigner
    Options
    I would love to join the group!!!
    Starting weight 174.
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Hello everyone:

May I join your group ..... i weigh in on Wednesday's with another group but i can report here on sunday's if that is easier .... loss 2 pounds this week YAY .... BMI i am out of obese WOOOOHOOO ... good luck in everyone's weight loss journey and know that you CAN DO IT :wink:

One big happy family :flowerforyou:

I love your saying on your signature about the mirror :laugh:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:

One big happy family :flowerforyou:

I love your saying on your signature about the mirror :laugh:
  • allenkr
    Options
    I just had this conversation with myself this weekend about tackling this weigh loss thing in small achievable increments. I start to freak out when I think of my total goal. So, 10 lbs is a great focus.

Starting weight as of Monday, October 12 195
    November 1 goal 190

I am working on making good food choices this week and then I will bring on the exercise. Good luck everyone!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!!!

How are you coming along so far? Any obstacles you want to share? I reached a mini milestone about a week ago...none of my rings would fit me after gaining all of my weight, which was tragic for me because I am an accessory kind of girl!! lol! But I am proud to say my rings fit again! YAY!! It reminds me of when I used to wear them daily, through sleep and everything, and now I can again!!

Today I plan to circuit train twice and stay on track with calories, I want to be sure I have a good weigh in Sunday. What are you guys up to today?
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I just had this conversation with myself this weekend about tackling this weigh loss thing in small achievable increments. I start to freak out when I think of my total goal. So, 10 lbs is a great focus.

Starting weight as of Monday, October 12 195
    November 1 goal 190

I am working on making good food choices this week and then I will bring on the exercise. Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I've yet to find time to figure a way out to fit workouts into my regimen....=/ its getting ice cold here and i hate the cold so i prob wont go for my walks anymore...and id like to go to the gym but my ex goes to the one i like =/ wtf should i do....lol :explode:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I've yet to find time to figure a way out to fit workouts into my regimen....=/ its getting ice cold here and i hate the cold so i prob wont go for my walks anymore...and id like to go to the gym but my ex goes to the one i like =/ wtf should i do....lol :explode:

You could buy a work out DVD that you squeeze in by waking earlier each day or you could use exercise TV if they offer that in your area! The biggest thing is making sure that you make a committment to yourself. Even if your ex does go to the gym you like try and find another...sometimes in this process we have to make sacrafices...they can be hard but worth it in the end!! :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

You could buy a work out DVD that you squeeze in by waking earlier each day or you could use exercise TV if they offer that in your area! The biggest thing is making sure that you make a committment to yourself. Even if your ex does go to the gym you like try and find another...sometimes in this process we have to make sacrafices...they can be hard but worth it in the end!! :happy:
    I get bored with TV workouts :frown: and its really the only gym i can afford.....its cheap at 10dollars a month.....i think i may just have to tough out the cold as long as i can or atleast until the first snow fall lol...who knows maybe ill try snowboarding or skiing this year :bigsmile: youre so right about the commitment thing :flowerforyou:
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Yesterday was a crazy day for me, and I actually struggled to get in all my calories. I spent the afternoon int he ER with my youngest (she's OK, just a boo boo) and didn't get home until after 5pm and had 800 calories left! So I treated myself to a PBJ. :heart:

I need to do some planning for tonight and tomorrow... we have a lot planned and will be out of the house most of the time. I don't want to wreck the good week I've had.

I hope every one has a great day!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Do you have any hand weights at home? Maybe make a list of some strength training exercises you can do and switch them up for variety. Then put on a good CD and dance around for cardio. How old are your kids? Mine are 5 and under and LOVE LOVE LOVE it when I do that and we all dance around. Trust me - dancing with little kids is a crazy workout and really fun.
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok it is snowing here in MN! I was planning on walking outside but I am not liking this winter stuff.
    So i bought a Biggest Loser workout video to do until I join up at Snap. My son is 7 and we put on a swing CD and dance around the living room and that is the craziest workout ever! Good ideas. Today I am challenging myself to keep busy instead of snacking.