Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

10lbs in 6 weeks challenge. 8th July 2012

Replies

• Jlpharris
    Jlpharris Posts: 1
    Im in. Start weight 208. Goal weight....anything in the one hundreds. I guess at 2 lbs a week that would put me at 196 or better. This challenge sounds great. Looking forward to a Happy Self - Independence ( finally out of the 200s) July 8th celebration. :wink:
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in, gotta weigh in. Will reply with an update. Similar goal for me, 10 lbs in 6 weeks, which will be right before my birthday 7-11. :-)
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm in too! (i'm scared to commit to be very honest because of the fear of failure...but i'm going for it!)

CW: 206 and 5'7
  • sheliarae1
    sheliarae1 Posts: 1
    I'm in! However, my family (DH, DS, DD) are taking a family vacation to Disney/Universal in less than two weeks. We'll be gone for a week, but I'd still love to join!

Starting weight: 150 lbs
  • adrienne1086
    adrienne1086 Posts: 27 Member
    Also in! Starting at 157 goal in 6 weeks is 147!
  • campervangirl
    campervangirl Posts: 25 Member
    Count me in please - starting at 168lbs and will be battling with loosing weight whilst recuperating then overseas visitors for 3 weeks but got to start somewhere! :wink:
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    I'm in! This is my 2nd challenge! By July 8th perfect I go on vacation to CA!

I'm at: 144lbs -10 = 134lbs!!! woo hoo sounds good !

GOOD LUCK Y'ALL!!:wink:
  • Count me in too (even though I'm 2 days late to the party)! If I can take off 10lbs in the next 6 weeks that will be 1/3 of my overall goal.

Height 5'7"
    Starting Weight 166lbs
    Current Weight 164lbs
    6 Week Goal Weight 154lbs
    Goal Weight 135lbs
  • ahsweetstuff
    ahsweetstuff Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in!
  • Is it too late to join? I'm in! Starting weight: 146. Goal weight: 136. = )
  • lesliecu
    lesliecu Posts: 2
    im totally in! i am 5'5" and starting at 186
    my tracker doesn't work.
    i am currently on day 23 of P90X
    want to lose 50 total pounds by october
  • Mjde225
    Mjde225 Posts: 2
    I'm in too!! 5'6", 140~ lbs. I'll get a definite weight tomorrow at work. My husband broke my home scale :P This is soo exciting!
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    Im in! Weighed in today at 201.8.
  • MMAGZ16
    MMAGZ16 Posts: 9 Member
    THIS IS BRILLIANT EVERYONE!

==============================

The 10lbs by 8th July group is here....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike/view/new-feature-groups-167340 please join!!

Also, i've set up a spreadsheet, go add yourself to it, then each Sunday, add in your weight, keeps us all accountable!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aua8OM31RuDtdExLeENfNVdYYjdNUHFGUEIyYjRZYVE#gid=0

Good luck!! xx

Im totally lost... I must be doing it wrong.. can anyone help me? Im a bit slower at this because Im new to the site.
  • EmilySuv
    EmilySuv Posts: 3 Member
    I'm totally in!! This is soo great to have people to keep me motivated.

I'm starting at 140lbs -- goal weight is 130. Let's do it!

Good luck everyone!

-Emily
  • nellraf
    nellraf Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to join, even though I am late! The last 15 lbs. of "baby weight" have been around now for over 4 years! Thanks!
    Ht.: 5'9"
    Current Weight: around 154 lbs. (I'll weigh in the morning)
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Count me in :)
  • bmoregan
    bmoregan Posts: 109 Member
    Ok. I've been avoiding this group for the last few days.
    On 27/May I was 234lb so goal on 6/Jul will be 224lb (16st 0lb). Been losing 2lb a week since I started MFP but I know this will be a stretch. Got off to a good start - was 231lb on 1/Jun.

10lbs... 35,000 calories.

Ok, now I've said it - better get on with it! And I know that the last time I was at/below 16st was 15 years ago so, that... in the words of the Kung Fu Panda... would be "like Freakin' Awesome!"

Thanks delmc1 for pointing me here.
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Starting weight was 155.4

Am so pumped and ready to lose!
  • campervangirl
    campervangirl Posts: 25 Member
    Hi Amazing to see the weight loss so far!

I've not really got going yet - put my name forward when it all started but can't find myself on the spreadsheet...did I need to add myself in?!

Could really do with the support! :flowerforyou: