6ft tall women, what is your goal?

Options
And how are you getting there?

Just starting out, I've tried everything. I have fluctuated between 180 and 220 ever since giving birth to my son 3 years ago. I weighed 175 pre-baby and felt great about myself...

Here is where I stand now:

SW: 217
GW: 170

I can't fall off of this!!!

Replies

• saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was 160 pre pregnancy, got to 210 on delivery. I lost 20lbs within the first two weeks. It took me about 20 months to lose 20 more. Currently I'm at 167 and would like to get back to 160, but ideally 155 so I have some wiggle room when my husband comes home.
  • turqouisechica
    Options
    6'2" lady here. The best way to figure out your ideal height is to find out your lean body mass. Your lean body mass is essentially everything but your fat (muscles, bones, organs, etc). Then, add on 25 pounds for fat, and that's your goal weight!

I have a lean body mass of 156 (I have a lot of muscle, so my lean body mass is high), so my goal weight is 181.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"

CW: 166
    GW: 160

But I'm thinking of changing that to 150 once I get down to 160. We'll see. Either way, it's less than what my driver's liscense says and that's the ultimate goal:tongue:
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Can my goal be to be 6 foot tall!! tall chicks soo rock!! I'm only 5'8 but i put on 6 inch stilleto's and feel like I rule the world!! sigh.. my she-roe's!! LOL!!
  • frog8381
    frog8381 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" but fairly small boned. My goal weight is a lean 180-185 (leaning meaning high muscle),
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    6'2" lady here. The best way to figure out your ideal height is to find out your lean body mass. Your lean body mass is essentially everything but your fat (muscles, bones, organs, etc). Then, add on 25 pounds for fat, and that's your goal weight!

I have a lean body mass of 156 (I have a lot of muscle, so my lean body mass is high), so my goal weight is 181.

^^^this is awesome!! I never could decide on a 'goal weight' this really helped! Thank you! I can't wait to have my LBM test next week now!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    can not go by driver's lic. weight
    IF I did I would weight 264!
    not 116 like I do now!
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can my goal be to be 6 foot tall!! tall chicks soo rock!! I'm only 5'8 but i put on 6 inch stilleto's and feel like I rule the world!! sigh.. my she-roe's!! LOL!!

I wish I had that confidence! I rock flats all day every day! I hate when I'm wearing heels and I get comments about my height!
  • davitalynette
    davitalynette Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My goal is 200lbs! But I'd be happy anywhere between the 190-210 range! :)

My start weight was actually 300lbs :-(
    My current is 258
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hello there tall ladies!

I too have fluctuated between 200-225 for the past 6 years or so, ever since getting the Mirena IUD and taking some other meds that messed me up more than I thought they would.

I feel and look great at around 175-185 and that's where I'd like to be. I'd like to be a size 12-14 instead of a 16-18 and to be able to run a 5K without stopping. I've been running for 15+ years and never seem to make any progress. My doctor just considered that I might have exercise induced asthma, and has prescribed me an inhaler... I'm hoping it makes a difference so I can finally start making progress in my workouts!

Good luck to you -- I know it is frustrating being a tall lady and trying to lose, and finding support from non-tall ladies who just don't understand. :) For me, I'd just like to be able to shop in regular stores, and not have to order clothes online... and to be below 200! For some reason, that's just a magic number in my mind.
  • jenny8589
    jenny8589 Posts: 5
    Options
    I say rock the heels...just cause we are tall doesn't mean we can't wear them.

Anyways, thanks for all the great feedback!
  • spartangirl79
    Options

I wish I had that confidence! I rock flats all day every day! I hate when I'm wearing heels and I get comments about my height!

ME TOO!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"

current weight: 162.2 (well a little higher today)
    goal weight: 160

Once I really get that goal, I'm going to work on building muscle and that number may change
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm 6ft and I'm about 145-150 pounds (I retain a lot of water every day lol) and kindve aiming for 140/135ish. But in sll homesty I don't pay attention to scale anymore since I started lifting - the mirror guides me!
  • jenny8589
    jenny8589 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, being below 200 would be nice.

I was at the doctors last week and the nurse weighed me at 217, she then turned to me and said "You don't look like you weigh that much"....I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or a bit of an insult ....oh well, 217 is overweight for me.
  • spartangirl79
    Options
    Yes, being below 200 would be nice.

I was at the doctors last week and the nurse weighed me at 217, she then turned to me and said "You don't look like you weigh that much"....I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or a bit of an insult ....oh well, 217 is overweight for me.

HAHA, the nurse at the doctor's office told me that same exact thing a few weeks ago, when I weighed in at 218. I know it's overweight for me... so... yeah... right there with ya.

You can do it!

What are you doing for workouts?
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    According to the lean body mass calculations + 25lbs, my goal should be 148. Personally, I would look unhealthy and strange that small.
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    I don't understand the +25 lbs.
    If you had 175 lean +25 fat, that would be unhealthy 12.5 % body fat.
  • Nicolle71
    Nicolle71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft tall also! Wow, where were all you people when I was the tallest person in Jr. High and High School? LOL
    My ideal weight is 165-170, I have never been this heavy even post baby but I know that I looked cut and healthy when I was in the range of 165-170. I am currently 196.2 as of this morning. I try not to pay to much attention to the actual number on the scale because I remember when I felt healthy and that is the feeling I am aiming for even if the number is not what I think it should be.

Weight: 196.2
    Goal: 165-170
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!