Are you wearing workout clothes all day?

Options
jhigg11
jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
I will be at the point where my pants no longer fit around my waste. I am curious do most people still in the process just wear workout clothes all day. I really don't want to waste money on clothes I won't wear for long. It is a nice problem to have.

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I hang out in my running shorts all the time..... whether I ran that day or not! Can't work in them though.... :grumble:
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    there are two of us in my house losing weight, myself and my almost 16 yr old daughter. Its bad enough getting clothes for 1 let alone 2! We go to a store like Goodwill. We are changing sizes about every 4-6 weeks. We are almost into the same sizes now.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I was until I changed jobs. I can no longer get away with it.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    can you check out a second hand store to buy a few pair of pants/shorts that fit? I know the local goodwill store sells pants/shorts for just a few dollars...
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ha, just did this today, again! I find myself doing this more and more especially on days when I don't have to leave the house! I have exactly 2 pairs of shorts that aren't to big for me at the moment but can't go buy anymore because these are all recently brand new. (Didn't think I'd drop 3 sizes right in a row, so when I dropped 2 I thought I would be there for a while) The ones that do fit me I had bought on clearance to put away for my 12 yr. old for next year!!!! WooHoo!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Check out goodwill or a consignment shop for some great deals on clothes to hold you over. I have found that Target & Walmart have nice things too if you want something new at an affordable price.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Now that summer is here, I live in sundresses.
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My wife has lost a total of 42 pounds we went several times to buy her some clothes to fit but being on a budget we would hit the marked down items or last years and I think we may have spent a total of $100 in the 3 times we went which made her fill better about herself and that is priceless.
    Me I still have 30 pounds to loss to hit my goal and I think as to date I have spent maybe $25 on me.But come this winter our clothing allowence will be a big one. LOL
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of doing this sometimes. Of course I'd never wear them to an actual event or something. But the store......yeah. Do as I say not as I do. :) Never know when you might decide to pull over and do jumping jacks.

It's just, the clothes I want to wear are expensive and I'm not buying them unless it's a small. haha.
  • kelly1atatime
    Options
    As ghetto as it sounds, I use a binder clip for my pants in the waist so they stay up. I can't buy new pants every time I change sizes. I do not go out in them, I just do that when I exercise at home. Classy!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my new body so I like to dress it well. Gym clothes at the gym. Nice tops and jeans with nice shoes and matching handbag everyday. Dresses/skirts for going out. I like being able dress like a girl again and not look huge.
  • blondejester
    Options
    i wear my workout clothes whenever i'm home because it's comfy but not out of the house! no way. i actually just bought one pair of jeans that fit me to actually hold me down
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Damn right I do! I'm a college student and all I do is go to class -- especially during the summer -- and they're comfy :) Plus I always go to the gym after class so I have no excuse.

I do dress up for class..but it's usually monday/tuesday ..just to show people I do have regular clothes lol
  • AngelaWeber
    AngelaWeber Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's pretty common where I live at. All the stay at home mom's where this as their daily attire :-)

I'm not a stay at home mom but my job is flexible and I do run errands in work out clothes:laugh:
  • ebony467
    ebony467 Posts: 15
    Options
    I honestly do wear workout clothes most days all day (even at work). I don't have to dress for my job since I work at a daycare so after I reach my goal maybe I'll start wearing different clothing more often.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    yep, for the most part. but I'm a coach, and a lifeguard. so wearing workout gear is appropriate. before I graduated it was all I wore to class because I was usually "on the way" to workout
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I noticed all my clothes were basically work out clothes. My style has changed so much from last year. Last year it was all aeropostale and american eagle. This year it's nike, fila and adidas. I did change today into a summer dress.
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Not if they are drenched in sweat. I like my workout clothes for working out, my pajamas for home, my dressy clothes for my job and cute outfits for going out. :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My size 20 jeans are falling off of me but I have a job so I have been wearing dresses. I tried on new jeans yesterday but size 18 and 16's were both to tight.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I have 3 days this week, 4 days next week and 2 days the following week until I have 2 months of NEVER having to take my workout clothes off.... I can't wait!