Peanut Butter

Options
2»

Replies

• fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I buy the Adams all Natural unsalted peanut butter, because I have a 2 yr old and don't want to give her pb full of artificial stuff. But I do enjoy it occasionally myself.
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    I've been on the road to stop eating peanut butter because of the caloric bang for buck, and also because it inhibits yeast to readily grow in your intestines, and I believe I'm battling candida. I've always been a smuckers organic girl, but lately I've been experimenting with almond butters.... I highly, highly, highly recommend maranatha no stir almond butter (crunchy). It was so much better than I anticipated... I didn't expect to like it but I fell in love.
  • Arietmis
    Arietmis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Better'n Peanut Butter? I get updates from Hungry Girl's website and she added it to her list of suggested foods. It has 85% less fat and 40% less calories than regular PB. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to because I love PB! Their website is www.betternpeanutbutter.com
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't try PB2 because there are no retail stores near Chicago and I prefer not to buy products online. Right now I'm leaning towards MaraNatha, I think I'll purchase both the peanut butter version and the almond butter version.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I use the presidents choice organics peanut butter and it tastes great.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Don't fall for any of those substitutes. The nutrition panel might be alluring but at heart it's fake food.

I love Trader Joe's organic creamy and crunchy versions. They also carry almond butter and (believe it or not) sunflower seed butter, both scrumptious.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I found a PEANUT BUTTER (not the alternatives) that has less calories than regular or reduced fat. I just bought Peter Pan Creamy 1/3 less sugar peanut butter which has 150 calories per 2 tbsp. It's not a HUGE difference, but enough for me to want to work it into my meal plan more. :)
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What are your favorite (preferably organic) brands of peanut butter that are tasty while still being low-cal and low-fat?

I use "Just Great Stuff" powdered peanut butter. I don't add the water to turn it back into peanut butter though, I use it in protein shakes, yogurt, etc., so I can't guarantee how it will taste if you use it as a peanut butter alternative. It is good mixed though.

Nutritional Info for 2 Tbsp -
    Cal: 45
    Fat: 1.5g
    Carbs: 5g
    Protein: 4g
    Fiber: 1g
    Sugar: 2g
  • HYBRIDXXX
    HYBRIDXXX Posts: 86
    Options
    WELL I LUV KREMA ALL NATURAL P.B. ITZ STILL 190 CALS FA 2 TBSP BT IT HAS 9 GRAMS OF PROTEIN & THE ONLY INGREDIENT IS PEANUTS DATZ ALL!!!! ITZ VERY CREAMY IF U LEAVE IT N DA PANTRY. IT WILL POUR RIGHT OUTTA THE CONTAINER LITERALLY. REFRIGERATION IS OPTIONAL. IT IS STILL SOFT ENOUGH 2 SPREAD EVEN IF ITZ BEEN COLD. PLEASE SOMEONE FIND IT & LET ME KNOW HOW U LIKE IT
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    I get the Meriden PB from Holland & Barratt - nothing but PEANUTS (i.e. no oil or anything else added). It's delicious.