I need advice

Options
Im feeling thoroughly demoralized as i haven't lost any weight for a month. I have been on here quite a while but seriously for about 2 months i lost 7lbs in the first month but since then i haven't lost anything, I have been sticking within my goals i think successfully the only thing that has changed is that I have been exercising more recently and therefore eating more. Maybe I should try eating back less of my calories? but i get so hungry. My bmi is 24.9 so i don't want to loose a lot but i want to have a cushion so that i can eat as i like every now and again and not worry if i put on a bit of weight. I wasn't bothered that i hadn't lost any weight because i figured it would happen slowly but surely after a month i should have lost a tiny bit of weight?

I think my food and exercise table is open for anyone to see. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you :)

Replies

• vikkey
    vikkey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im feeling thoroughly demoralized as i haven't lost any weight for a month. I have been on here quite a while but seriously for about 2 months i lost 7lbs in the first month but since then i haven't lost anything, I have been sticking within my goals i think successfully the only thing that has changed is that I have been exercising more recently and therefore eating more. Maybe I should try eating back less of my calories? but i get so hungry. My bmi is 24.9 so i don't want to loose a lot but i want to have a cushion so that i can eat as i like every now and again and not worry if i put on a bit of weight. I wasn't bothered that i hadn't lost any weight because i figured it would happen slowly but surely after a month i should have lost a tiny bit of weight?

I think my food and exercise table is open for anyone to see. Any advice is welcome.

Thank you :)

I have been working out for 3months and only lost 5lbs. But I have lost inches and I have gotten stronger. My musle mass is up and musle is heaver then fat. So maybe you just just put on musle. Have you lost any inches around your body b/c if you have then you are lossing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i only had a quick look at your food diary, but i would suggest you try and get LOTS more protein, aim for about 100g per day, which should help you feel fuller, and make sure you get your 5 a day. also, maybe increase your strength training, with squats, press ups, lunges, crunches etc to burn the fat so you look slimmer even though you might not see a change on the scales.
  • GrettaBaker
    Options
    when you start hitting that weight loss wall try lowering the carb intake and up your protein. good luck!
  • Flobarker
    Flobarker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do feel more toned but i only started measuring myself this week so maybe that will show some results, how often should i measure myself? I will try lowering carbs and upping my protein intake. I guess it doesn't matter if i don't stick to the mfp goals for protein and carbs? I hadn't realized i should be focusing on strength training i wasn't really bothering with that i always thought cardio was the quickest way to burn calories.
    I hope lowering carbs and upping protein works, i think my body might defy weight loss.

thankyou
  • betsy329
    betsy329 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I kinda had the same problem, but found this article which really made sense to me. So I just kept with it and started loosing again.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • Flobarker
    Options
    That article made me feel much better, everyone should read that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    What is your weekly weight loss goal?

With 7kg, about 15 pounds, to go, it should be at the half pound a week goal, which will very likely increase your base calories. So it's very likely that you're not eating enough.

When you have too large of a calorie deficit, many times our bodies don't respond as well as when you have the right calorie deficit for the amount you want to lose.
  • Flobarker
    Options
    A pound and a half a week. Really!? more, when i exercise i'm eating loads the girl i live with is always shocked by the amount i'm allowed to eat.
    I'm not sure i can get my head round eating more when im struggling to loose weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, 1.5 pounds a week is only for those with about 40-75 pounds to lose. You don't have enough excess body fat to support that large of a calorie deficit.

I lost my weight eating between 1600-2000 calories a day.
  • Flobarker
    Options
    Oh ok, thats really good, always lovely to hear you should eat more :)