LOST 12lbs in 2 1/2 weeks!! :-)

Options
I am so greatful,shocked & relieved about this! Most of all HAPPY because for so long weight loss has been made so very hard for me a now that I'm off of the crazy thyroid meds & I'm watching my calories like a hawk (even eating MY FAVORITE Ben & Jerrys LOL) its finally coming off & I don't feel deprived or cheated or guilty about my little love affair w/b&j's hehe! Just an idea I had to help me w/the b&j's binges I was having was to get "single serving" half cut zip lock containers measure it all out 4 svgs/pint & snap the lid on stick it in the freezer & eat it once a week! I've been staying within my carb & calorie limits & doing it for the past two weeks & ITS WORKING! :-) thanks SOOOO MUCH for all of the kind words & motivation! I'm so very proud of every single one of you who are making changes for a happier,healthier lifestyle! YEAH US!

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Good job at finding a solution to your love affair!!!!
    I LOVE not depriving yourself, I believe it's key to maintaining weightloss.
    Congrats to you!:flowerforyou:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome! Keep it up!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow! i'm jealous. lol

congratulations
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! I had never thought of predividing the ice cream servings before. That would make a huge difference for me!
  • dfgreen
    Options
    12 pounds in two weeks is not healthy
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If a person is just starting out 12 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks may not be so out of line. The change to eating healthy can get rid of a lot of water weight and the shock to the system with the lower calories can also be a factor.

If one would continue to lose at that rate then I would say they may need re-evaluate their goals.
  • fitnfab427
    fitnfab427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!
    Keep up the good work, but make sure you are responsible about it - all will fall into place:)
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    LOL! You are all so sweet and fun, I started out at 170lbs truth be known and still a size 8 so not too bad I am VERY muscular and have always carried a lot of muscle. I just never would listen to the advice of my doctor and FINALLY I listened (girl with very hard head here <
    LOL!!!). So, this is truly fantastic that I can still have my beloved Ben and Jerry's and still lose weight and thank you I am glad that you thought that it was a good idea to pre-divide the pints, I too would have the problem of sitting on the couch and eating the entire PINT and then if I was in the mood to try 2 or 3 different kinds it was nothing for me to down 2 pints in ONE SETTING LOL. I would just about make myself sick justifying it by saying I had such a long hard week at the gym and that I deserved it :-x oh boy. So now if I want to try all three kinds not such a problem anymore because I can put all 3 pre-divided andthen label then and put them in my freezer one a day wouldn't hurt a bit :-) I LOVE IT! LOL Thank you all so much for the kind motivating words! :-)

p.s. I also went from 45 mins of cardio/day 4-5 days/week to 90 mins of cardio 5-6 days/week that had a lot to do with the quick loss as well I am sure!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    12 pounds in two weeks is not healthy

before i even got to the bottom i knew someone was going to say this

we all lose a lot of weight when we first get the hang of losing weight, and then it slows way down to a healthy pace.

congrats on the 12 lbs hun! and keep at it, it will drop, trust me :):smile:
  • MissPriss30
    Options
    Thank you Loathesome! :-) you crack me up and I agree, you really have no control over how much weight your body decides to let go of. It just happens as it so chooses to. :-)
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I agree.....when I first started losing weight i think I lost 5 lbs the first week and 6 the next. I was eating right, exercising and eating HEALTHY.....i lost 25 in total over 3 months and have kept it off ever since... I dont think anyone knows how your body works best except you. I know for me, in one sitting I could eat an entire bag of sunchips (the big kind) so obviously my body was just dying to drop the weight..I just finally listened!!! Congrats!!!!