Stomach is KILLING me- too much protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• TurboReecey
    Options
    I had this problem not long ago and found out it was the boiled eggs i was having for breakfast and large amount of broccoli with my lunch and evening meals .. This caused me to bloat up by evening time giving me loads of wind !!

Problem is when you drop carbs you lose fibre and being bloated is the result
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    you can develop allergies and such later on in life that you used to never have. Have you recently had a day where you just had milk and no whey?

Yes, probably 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Wait! That's a lie. Sunday I had milk and no whey and I was fine. That's why I doubt it's a milk allergy.

I would change brands then
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should change your diary so others can see it, in order to help you. But I ask you, if you are increasing your protein, are you also increasing your fruits & veggies - because if you don't (I'll put this delicately), you could be clogging your colon.

Thank you, but yes I have been increasing my fruits and veggies. I agree though, this is important! I'm glad your surgery went well though!! I'm starting to think it's just the Whey. I'd never drank almond milk until I started the whey- so just as an experiment today, I'm going to mix the whey with my regular milk. If I bloat up like a toad again I'm ditching the Jillian whey.

My fiance has a different brand of whey he uses- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard I believe? I'm going to steal a scoop or 2 from him and test it out....not around him though! haha!
  • TurboReecey
    Options
    Have the whey with water ! your body will absorbe the protein faster and will not bloat you as much as milk being less dense.
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had the same kind of issues with Splenda.. have you been eating any artificial sweeteners? Does it have it in the protein powder?