I've fallen and I can't...

Options
...find the motivation I need to get back in the gym. I got married a week ago in South America. While I was down there I did not visit any gym. I haven't visited since I've been back. 2 WEEKS with nothing more than the occasional push-up. How do I tell my wife that this is something that means a lot to me without hurting her feelings?

256580.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    i don't think i understand....why wud it hurt her feelings that YOU have not been going to the gym?
  • Makai
    Makai Posts: 43
    Options
    You might want to invite her to the gym so the both of you can work out together. If she sees that exercising and keeping healthy means alot to you, she may want to be a part of that too-just a thought.
  • fifrenzyguy34
    fifrenzyguy34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mostly it's because her English isn't the best. She doesn't really know a WHOLE lot of people and those she does know can't speak Spanish. She needs me to be around but she's kind of a homebody.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nolachick, I'm not sure why it would hurt her feelings, either. I wish I could get my husband to go to the gym more often!!

If she really doesn't understand, tell her than you need to do this so you can live a long, healthy, happy life with her. You are doing this just as much for her and you are for yourself.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I think going to the gym as a couple helps so much! Tell her you'd love her to come along because it is a way to spend more time together while having fun! I go to the gym with my boyfriend and we have a lot of fun together and plus, we push each other!
  • nolachick
    Options
    u just confused me more...she doesnt speak english well and her friends don't know spanish well? ummmmmmm? confused :ohwell:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    In the words of Nike- just do it. I can't imagine why your wife would want to keep you from being healthy.
    Try to find workouts you guys can do together? Something fun.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i'm starting to think he meant she hasnt been going to the gym?
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    First of all let me say Congratulations on your recent marriage!

My husband & I just recently celebrated 28 yrs together. One of the best books we have ever read about marriage is the "Love & Respect" book by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It is full of valuable information that will help you in the years to come. I would have loved to have this book when we started out.

Anyway enough about that...... Invite your wife go to the gym with you at least once then if she doesn't like it she can make that decision. I don't see any reason she wouldn't want you to stay in shape.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think he is saying his wife doesn't know how to speak English well so she needs him around to help translate.
  • slimmingmom
    Options
    I don't know what's so hard to understand about what you said...but it's making me think that I may not actually know what you said. LOL, anyway. If what you were saying is that you need motivation to get back to the gym but you feel bad leaving your homebody newlywed alone....don't feel bad. It's very healthy to have a little time apart and hopefully she'll start going with you eventually! It's not like you're going to be gone the entire eveing! If your intintions are truelly to work out, lol!