Can You Lose Weight While Eating Carb Dense Food?!

Options
Fathima0712
Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
I am a highschool senior and hence eats "mom"cooked meals..(read-carby) plus,we are indians so our most staple item is rice,rice flour,rice,riceflour etcetra... So yeah,i am eating less(1-2cups) than i used to(3cups min.) and i am trying to include more veggies and i am keeping the steamed rice cake breakfasts to 2-3 max. Also at time i tend to eat biscuits when i am hungry,usually Marie Light..but once in a blue moon i will cave and eat 2 Chocofills(like i did today)..AND i love me some potatoes and once A week i end up eating potatoes(always. boiled.with.salt. no fries/chips/wedges/mashed)

This is all true,but i always eat within my Calorie limit AND macros.

I actually tried the slow carb diet,but giving up all carby food made me so lethargic and headachey and faint and i had to take leave from school for 3 days and feed myself and take some rest!!!!

BTW-my Calorie goal is 1500, Macros are in 50%c/30%P/20%F ratio....

So tell me my wise MFP pals......
Is this diet gonna help me lose weight or do i have to give up more of my carbs?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    A bit of extra salt would have probably seen you through the usual post-carb crash of headaches etc.

I'm a low carber, on the basis that eating carbs all day will mean I have an elevated insulin level all day and that will inhibit fat release from my reserves. Seems to work for me.

In theory an overall calorie deficit of any macronutrients should allow you to lose weight, but 30-odd years of society experience should tell us that the low fat diet ( = high carb diet ) doesn't work real well. Good luck.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can lose weight while eating carb dense food as long as your overall calorie intake is less than your needs.
  • awfuca
    awfuca Posts: 1
    Options
    As long as your not going over your daily allowance you'll be fine. Here is a good read.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You absolutely can lose weight while eating carb dense food as long as your overall calorie intake is less than your needs.

^^This! I love carbs but I eat them in moderation and stay within my calorie intake