getting sick totally destroys my weight loss motivation...

Options
I just got an upper respiratory infection and Im so tired. All I want to do is lay in bed and drink apple juice. I havent been eating horrible but I cant find the energy to log calories. Feel yucky...help if you can. Thanks!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hard for me to help. I get the same way. Maybe try some tea with lemon and a little honey? Always helps me. Steam helps my head, caffeine helps me breath a little better, honey's a natural antibiotic, and I don't have a clue what the lemon does other than makes me feel like I'm babying myself =)
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I just got over being sick for the last few weeks... tired, sore, burnt out. I just got back on the wagon yesterday! I'm sorry you feel badly... just remember it will take you longer to recover if you don't eat well and take care of yourself. Ask friends and family for help...cooking good for you meals, grocery shopping, etc... Do the best you can and don't use it as an excuse to not take care of business.

Get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I was the same when i had the stomach bug last month. Spent 2 days drinking and eating nothing but gingerale and when I started eating again, I was so hungry I devoured everything in sight lol.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've had a cold this week and didn't feel able to exercise yesterday but have been eating as well as I can do but I find it hard to stay within goal calories without exercise calories allowances to bolster them up. First priority is to get well remember.
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'm trying to eat mostly low sodium soup. I giess this kinda thing is going around. :sick:
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I had strep throat last week (and a bad upper respiratory infection a few weeks before that) so it's definitely killed my routine lol. I'm on the mend now but I had gotten out of that daily workout habit and it's hard to get back on track. If you are still sick though, better to take it easy and pamper your body so that you don't prolong your illness.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hard for me to help. I get the same way. Maybe try some tea with lemon and a little honey? Always helps me. Steam helps my head, caffeine helps me breath a little better, honey's a natural antibiotic, and I don't have a clue what the lemon does other than makes me feel like I'm babying myself =)

Lemon makes the tea taste yummy and contains vitamin C
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've been sick over the weekend and into this week, haven't been able to work out at all and couldn't eat anything at all yesterday but I've still logged. Was worried I'd overeat today as my net calories for yesterday were 0 (probably burnt some running to the bathroom though *sadface*) but I've been pretty good so I'm happy. Just focus on getting better, that's the main thing right now.
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Keep your chin up, as you will get better eventually. I know how you feel when you are sick and your diet and good intentions go out the window.

I fell down the stairs last week, and broke my toes and sprained my ankle badly - so no training for me and eating pizza some nights.............have managed to get around today with no crutches and go and do some shopping.

Please feel free to add me as your friend.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    Remember you are doing this for you and dont make being sick worse by beating yourself up because you are out of your normal groove. Go slow and things will pick back up. Be good to yourself...(Body and Mind) :smile:
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are sick. This year, I have decided to workout when I'm sick--even if it's just something light. I know with a respiratory infection it might hinder you, but maybe you can walk or something at a slow moderate pace or yoga? Getting your HR up will help the blood flow better and help get the immune fighting cells to the site of infection to fight it off quicker. I know I get over sickness A LOT faster when I do SOME kind of moderate exercise that elevates my HR just a little (to like 104 from a rest rate of 65-70).

Just a suggestion! I know every BODY is different. Get Well Soon!
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just got over something very similar. It took a Z-Pak, prescription nasal spray and a lot of rest before I was able to kick it. While sick I attempted to keep my calories under control (and did so), but my weight loss ground to a halt. My advice: get a lot of rest, eat the best you can and go to the Doc if you have too. It took the antibiotics for me to get on the mend again.