"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ok it is snowing here in MN! I was planning on walking outside but I am not liking this winter stuff.
    So i bought a Biggest Loser workout video to do until I join up at Snap. My son is 7 and we put on a swing CD and dance around the living room and that is the craziest workout ever! Good ideas. Today I am challenging myself to keep busy instead of snacking.

Snacking is good...just make them wholesome snacks...fruits, veggies, and the like! I took a nutrition class in Feb. and we should be eating about 6 times a day 3 meals 3 snacks...just be aware or calories and carbs and nutrient content! :wink:

I have a daughter as well and so I do alot of workots at home even though I am a member at a gym. I have hand weights, a stability ball, a step, and ressistance bands. I also tend to switch workouts when I begin to get bored...variety is key! I say as long as you love it, it will work!! I love working up a good sweat!! I feel great after!!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    17 days till weight in. :flowerforyou:

Hello and Good morning everyone, here's to another raining day in TN :drinker:

Almost blew it again with those dang meatballs, ugh. I should not have made so many. Thank goodness the kids end up eating the rest. So I made my booty walk the plank again... walked on the treadmill for an hour instead of 30 minutes. The whole time I adjusting the incline every 3 minutes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and be strong!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find time to figure a way out to fit workouts into my regimen....=/ its getting ice cold here and i hate the cold so i prob wont go for my walks anymore...and id like to go to the gym but my ex goes to the one i like =/ wtf should i do....lol :explode:
    i do SI6 DVD ..... i also do leslie sansone walking DVD (3 miles in 45 minutes) and i just bought JM 30 day shred at walmart for 10. 00 .... good luck :wink:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Chunkylover: Winter sure came early here in MN! My horse is all fuzzy, when normally she doesn't get her coat until mid-November, so I'm guessing we're in for a nasty winter. Where are you at in our lovely state?

Last night I froze in the cold and rain at my volunteer program, which is now done until April. I'll miss the kids and fantastic volunteers over the winter!! But, I can really focus on my weight loss goals with fewer commitments.

So, last night I only walked (and danced around a little) in the arena to keep warm! Tonight I'm planning on spending some more quality time with my treadmill.

For those of you who are having a hard time working out in the cold and/or getting to the gym, I highly recommend stocking your homes with handweights, resistance bands and workout DVDs. I have a library of about 12 of them and rotate through them depending on how long and intense I want my workout to be. I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Metabolism Boost; Debbie Sievers Slim in 6, Biggest Loser Cardio Max, Power Sculpt and Bootcamp, Core Rhythms, Crunch Dance Workout, etc. The great thing is that you can find a lot of them for around $10 at Sport Authority, Walmart or Target. I'd also recommend subscribing to a fitness magazine (Shape, Self, etc) for ideas on workouts you can do easily at home. It's all about changing things up so you don't get bored!

Have fun with it!
    Heather
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I live in the cities. Lakeville area
    My parents are north of Brainerd and have warm fuzzy horses too.
    Maybe we can look forward to an early spring right?

I had the best snack today Laughing Cow light cheese on baked pita rounds
    and an orange. yummo.
    I lunched on a Smart Ones quesadilla and put it on the forman grill at work to crisp it up ,

I am hoping my day can stay on track during "the witching hour" at home.
    kids, homework, dinner right in the door madness

Hope everyone's day has been going great!
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this AM I was 138.5lbs., my Nov. 1st goal is 133.5.

BTW, 10 pounds is a lot a month.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Chunkylover: I used to live in Lakeville, but now live in North Branch. Small world!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options

Hello,

I am the one who put up the challenge. Nice to meet ya! :smile:
    The 10 lbs a month was personal goal and I asked others if they would like to join in, so please don't feel pressured. It works out to be 2.5 pounds a week and from what I have learned 1-2 lbs a week is normal weightloss. I personally decided to kick it up a notch and challenge myself!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options

how do you figure???? i have been on this site since August and i have lost 25 pounds ...and let me add its been eating healthy and excersing .... no diet pills or shakes or any of that
  • haley4tn
    Options
    Chunkylover: I used to live in Lakeville, but now live in North Branch. Small world!

How about a smaller world :laugh: I was born in Grand Rapids, my dad lives in Brainerd, and my mom's side of the family lives in Pine River.
  • MindOverMatter
    Options

how do you figure???? i have been on this site since August and i have lost 25 pounds ...and let me add its been eating healthy and excersing .... no diet pills or shakes or any of that

Well you GO GIRL!! What have you been doing for exercise?? We started around the same weight so I want to have those kind of results too!! :happy: Also, what helped you quit smoking I am battling that too...trying so hard to JUST STOP!!!
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I'm not an expert but everyone I've talked to and everywhere I've read a good goal is between one and two pounds a week.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options

Well you GO GIRL!! What have you been doing for exercise?? We started around the same weight so I want to have those kind of results too!! :happy: Also, what helped you quit smoking I am battling that too...trying so hard to JUST STOP!!!
    excercise is SI6 program with debbie (beachbody) leslie sansone walking 3 miles (45 minutes) and i just bought JM 30 day shred and i use my "total gym"
    I wanted to get healthy all the way around sooooo Sept 3, 2009 i put out my last cig and quit cold turkey ... i smoked for 20 years i tried to quit in the past but apparently i wasnt ready too ... this time I WAS/AM READY so you must really want it to suceed ... GOOD LUCK
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options

I'm not an expert but everyone I've talked to and everywhere I've read a good goal is between one and two pounds a week.
    the difference is I HAVE ALOT TO LOSE so I WILL LOSE MORE .... average for me is like 2.85 pounds
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    it will change as time goes by ... the smaller i get the harder it will be for me to lose
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options

the difference is I HAVE ALOT TO LOSE so I WILL LOSE MORE .... average for me is like 2.85 pounds
    correction my average a week last week was 2.56 this week is 2.5 pounds a week
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies :flowerforyou:

Well, my intention was to get up and get to the gym this morning, but I had a rough night with the kids and was even late for work. So I guess I am taking the day off from doing a work out. First day off in 28 days.

I don't think 10 lbs a month is unreasonable. Granted, it's technically more than 1-2 lbs a week, but not by that much. Definitely not enough to throw your body into starvation mode, I'm sure. Plus, I don't know about some of you, but if I lose at a rate of 1 lb a week all the time, I'll get so frustrated at how slow it's going that I'll probably give up.
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    I once heard an analogy that we're like wet sponges when it comes to weight loss . . it's easy to squeeze the water out at first, but as the sponge gets drier (and you get thinner) it gets harder and harder.
    :smile:
  • haley4tn
    Options
    I once heard an analogy that we're like wet sponges when it comes to weight loss . . it's easy to squeeze the water out at first, but as the sponge gets drier (and you get thinner) it gets harder and harder.
    :smile:

I like this :flowerforyou:

16 days till weigh in. :love:
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Omg it is a small world my parents actually live outside Pine River!! They both work at the Legion in Pine River. Crazy!