HRM/CALORIES BURNED MONITOR!!?????

Options
Have you ever or currently Use a HRM to calculate how many calories you burn daily? If so what brand and what has been your experience using this device?

Thanks in advance~:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a FT4 and so far I have no complaints. It's for those who want basic heart rate-based features to keep their fitness training simple. I use it strictly for calorie burn and duration while working out. May workouts usually range from 400-700 depending on the intensity and lenght. I have been thinking of getting a bodymedia armband for a more accurate count of calories burned throughout the day, kinda pricey though.
  • sensationallysassyt
    Options
    Thanks so much I will check out both of those devices~
  • 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT7. Great HRM/calorie counter. Easy to use. The chest strap is suprisingly very comfortable to wear.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO drive HRM, seems pretty good so far :)
  • gnat502
    gnat502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT7, though I purchased the Polar H7 transmitter this week, which is bluetooth and works with my phone (iPhone 4S). As a bonus, it also works with my FT7 watch and any Polar compatible cardio machines.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT7. Great HRM/calorie counter. Easy to use. The chest strap is suprisingly very comfortable to wear.

I recommend this one as well. I've been using it for two years and it has been really beneficial.
  • MrsCrystal84
    MrsCrystal84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also use the Polar FT4 and I love it! It tracks your heart rate and calories burned. I like that it has a chest strap b/c I feel like those are more accurate. Check out www.bodytronics.com. They have the Polar heart rate monitors for the lowest price I've seen online.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones out there. Using the Search feature is a great tool to find recommendations
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex HRM w/chest strap. Compared to other sources found online (formulas, databases, etc.) it drastically overestimates the number of calories burned. It only requires that I enter my maximum HR (220-age) and weight. To compensate, I take whatever the HRM shows for calories burned x 55%. That's what I log in MFP. The result is more in line with the other sources I mentioned.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT7 and I love it. :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it! I like knowing it's more accurate than MFP (or other websites) for calculating calories burned.
  • thinkskinnythoughts
    thinkskinnythoughts Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Armband and I like it but sometimes I get tired of wearing it....especially when I am wearing a short sleeve shirt. I find that it is very accurate when it comes to calories burned. I still have mine but I am going to purchase a FitBit this weekend and see if I like it.
  • merylwyn
    merylwyn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the new balance N4. It's a watch and HRM/Calorie Counter. It works really great. You can set it to your weight, height, gender, and age. The only issue I have is that it's started going in "slo-mo" twice. A quick reset fixes it though. The chest strap is also barely noticable.
  • punkybrewster88
    punkybrewster88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40 which I upgraded from the FT7 that I had for 10 or so years. Both are great!