Double Belly

Options
Ok, my tummy is similar to the women in these pictures: http://plasticsurgery.about.com/od/Abdominoplasty/tp/How-Can-I-Tell-If-I-Need-A-Tummy-Tuck.htm

Basically, I have a gut below my belly button... and I have a hunk of chub above my belly button as well. My waist dips in between the two... it's kind of like a snowman, I guess? The first guy to see me naked (many many years ago), who was a lot more experienced than me, said my body was 'segmented' and that he'd never been with a girl/woman with a body like that, lol. Of course, it made me feel like some kind of weird bug...

Anyway! Is there anyone out there who has/had a similar body shape? Did it get more normal after you lost weight? I've always been on the heavy side; I really can't remember ever NOT having that extra roll, though it wasn't always so pronounced. Even when I was pregnant and that area was stretched pretty tight, there was still a sort of... upstairs chub/dip inward/downstairs chub.

The fact that I can only seem to find pictures of women with similar tums on plastic surgery sites kind of concerns me. I look at many of the success stories on here and the women often had nice roundy bellies before, then bangin flat ones afterwards... I haven't seen any with my... I don't know what, double jello molds?

Anyone? Bueller?

Sorry if this grosses anyone out, lol. It kinda grosses me out, and it's my own darn tummy!

Replies

• mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm the same way. And 2 pregnancies and a c/section have NOT been helpful either. I'm going to keep working on it... but it'll probably be around forever, lol. Oh well, could be worse! Oh, and I have one side that hangs a little lower than the other too. So weird.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm so glad you admitted that! One side of mine is lower too. I assumed it was because I have mild scoliosis of the spine and one hip is higher than the other.
  • cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem...gut below the belly button and a little pudge above it. I've been heavy since puberty (I'm 38) so I can't remember what life was like without the gut either, but a couple years ago I lost 50 pounds (since then I put back on 20) and when I lost the weight the bulge above the bb was flat and the gut below was considerably smaller. I was worried it would just be loose skin hanging down, but it wasn't. It actually flattened a good bit.

I didn't do anything to specifically target the area; I just did aerobics and all-over toning. I'm proof that it's possible to reduce the unslightly bulges, but like mooglysmom I have a feeling it will never completely go away.
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm the same :@( although it is going down slowly btw I have'nt had kids just where I hold my fat I guess
  • newking
    newking Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am this way as well. I call the bottom roll my front butt. Lol
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a double belly too. They are my bakery aka rolls. Nothing weird about it at all.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I too have it....and i'm sure my pregnancy didn't help. I have the little pudge above, gut below the belly button. I'm 23 and i have always had it :( I'm hoping it goes away after i lose the weight.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ditto.. I'm always jealous of those who have more to lose like me that don't have it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I had one before losing 40lbs... Not anymore. It's a matter of losing fat. You MAY have leftover skin, but I wouldn't advise you get something like a tummy tuck until you've lost all the weight you need
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I call mine my 24 year old baby belly now since son's 24 birthday is today :sad:

I'm getting my tummy tuck 6 months after I've maintained my goal weight so probably in two years. I'm counting down and doing the best I can to get the flapping down when I run :bigsmile:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Nope, I'm the same way. And 2 pregnancies and a c/section have NOT been helpful either. I'm going to keep working on it... but it'll probably be around forever, lol. Oh well, could be worse! Oh, and I have one side that hangs a little lower than the other too. So weird.
    Me too. Mine however was pretty flat above my belly button before kids~ I only had a big roll under it. Now I look like the snowman...just a bit melted though! :bigsmile: Lots has come off, but still ikky! :sick:
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump for later read
  • hellokehtty
    hellokehtty Posts: 94
    Options
    My belly was similar to those as well but it got WAY better with weight loss and strength training. In fact, I had a doctor tell me once the only thing I could do to help it look better was to get a tummy tuck, and I took that as a challenge! I still do have some loose skin but diet & exercise really do work wonders...just keep at it.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have it too! It is nice to know others have the same issue as me. I don't have any kids, so I guess most of mine is from being overweight most of my life. I'm down 42 pounds to 154, and it's still there, but it is smaller, so I guess if I keep working at it, it'll get better!
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. It has always been that way, even when I was a kid & when I was thin & ran later on. I got it where the top part used to be flat, but I always had a little pooch on the bottom. Now it is like there are two sections. My 3 year old used to say I had 2 bellies when he was younger. lol I told my husband the only thing I want when I lose all this weight is to have that fixed.
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how old you are...back then waist lines were a lot higher then todays..so the younger generation of woman who are overweight now have that "man beer belly" look because of the low rise jeans...fashion is to blame not you. so no worries k
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I do, slightly, now. I did not in the past when I weighed less.I see no reason why this would not (eventually) return to normal. It may take a while for the skin to shrink back, but I have pretty elastic skin, heals well, etc., so I am hoping it will spring back eventually.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me too. But I am walking around reminding myself to do the "free tummy tuck" (pull it in all the time) and it is making a difference. Also remember that it can take up a to few years for excess skin to shrink after weight loss or pregnancy especially if you have stretch marks (thank you to my two children for what might end up looking like cottage cheese midway through my weight loss journey). If I lose all the weight I want to and I still have an issue with loose skin about 3 years down the road after reaching goal, THEN I might CONSIDER surgery. Until then....forget it. Me and the "free tummy tuck" and my night time "tummy lift" are just going to have to be best friends.
  • tamelakaye1
    Options
    My tummy isnt like that my crease/roll is higher up like I have two sets of boobs lol but I do know people who's look like that and to me it seems like its from them wear too tight of pants is it wear your waist band on pants fit? Because if my pants are too tight there I start to get a crease there. my roll is from the way I sit.
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have the same exact issue! It is shrinking though. I took pics and took new ones a month later and what a difference. I probably would not have thought so if I had not looked at the pics and only gone on memory. My belly is still big but it's slowly shrinking away. I was too embarrassed to post my progress pics.. I guess I too thought no one else had my issue. Nice to know I'm not alone.