Double Belly

Options

Replies

• hatravers
    hatravers Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i have it too but as the weight comes off its getting smaller but i can still grab handfulls of my upper belly! im hopeing it will eventually go
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    So glad Im not the only one! I too would only see these types of bellies on plastic surgery sites. I thought I had a weird body lol
    Ive been big pretty much my whole life and had 2 pregnacies with large babies. So my skin is streched, marked, and in this double belly format as well. A few years after my last child I had lost 100lbs. It shrank down a lot! I still had a small-ish pouche at the bottom but the top one was mostly loose skin. Sadly life happened and I gained most of the weight back. Looking forards to a small pouche again someday!

Surgery may be an option once i get to goal and manage to maintain for a year or so. then Ill look into it again.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i dont have the double belly in the last photo of the link, but i do have an upper and lower, just not as pronounced. i have a good deal of loose skin and have the frowning bellybutton and such all shown in the other photos with a big overhang of my lower belly, which is what i dislike more than anything on my body. Its smaller than it used to be, but it will always be there (short of surgery of course)
  • DeniseNJohnson
    Options
    Hi Everyone ! Am 34 with 3 kids i have the same problem. well to start i started the weight lose the 3 week in march i lost 32 pounds and i just a surg on my tummy so thats 10 pounds of skin and fat gone its only been a week but my key to losing the 32 pounds is walking on the treadmill for 35 min three days a week. and i change the way i eat and i feel so much better as i lose the weight my tummy started getin small so hope fully i will be back at the gym trying to tone it up i no its hard.
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have it too! It is nice to know others have the same issue as me. I don't have any kids, so I guess most of mine is from being overweight most of my life. I'm down 42 pounds to 154, and it's still there, but it is smaller, so I guess if I keep working at it, it'll get better!

I'm the same. No kids, but overweight all my life and the "segmented" tummy. It's good to know that it's normal and that it gets smaller!
  • lisabrezina1980
    lisabrezina1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Me too. Lost most of the weight after large pregnancies and c-sections. I love that some of us name them. I have my two "curtains" of loose skin hanging off my belly button.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I had one before losing 40lbs... Not anymore. It's a matter of losing fat. You MAY have leftover skin, but I wouldn't advise you get something like a tummy tuck until you've lost all the weight you need

This. At least 5 of the 6 women in those photos have significant belly fat to lose before they seriously consider a tummy tuck. I looked a lot like the 2nd photo at 135 pounds, and at 123 pounds I have less loose skin than the woman in the 4th photo. My belly button is more open than hers but still isn't round. But considering I lost the weight in my late 50's, I'm not going to complain about that. I was afraid it would be soooo much worse.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I have had the double belly for a while now. Been heavy since I was in junior high. Although the upper belly flattened out a lot more when I had lost 40-50 pounds. Hoping to do that again..and keep it that way.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Whats really awkward is measuring your lower belly, waist, AND upper belly. I'm 2/3 of the way to goal and my lower belly is almost flat; upper not so much. Weird huh?

The good new is it goes away with all our hard work!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm not the only one!!! I think the dip stays there no matter what unfortunately. But it does get less pronounced. Gotta read the rest of the thread for everyone else's views.

ETA: Just read through the whole thread. Interesting about the tight jeans theory, because that is what I think caused mine.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I think the dip in the middle just helps our hourglass figures as we lose the rest, so look on it as a bonus! I don't like the square, blocky abdominals like most of the fit women I see. Curvy is sexier, by far!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I think the dip in the middle just helps our hourglass figures as we lose the rest, so look on it as a bonus! I don't like the square, blocky abdominals like most of the fit women I see. Curvy is sexier, by far!
    Woo hoo! Then I am one sexy lady...LOL
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have it too - it's caused by a tight waistband. Even looking at the picture, you can see the line that goes all the way around.

The good news is that it can go away as your stomach shrinks. It won't for every single person depending genetics, loose skin, etc, etc, but I know mine is going away so there is still hope!
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    ohhhh I used to have three of them!!! :grumble: but not anymore..... good food and tons of excersice worked for me!! I dont know how to upload a photo!!! :laugh:
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I used to laugh at my mom b/c she had one when I was young and still does. I called it "Edna!" What isn't so funny is that now I have one and its bigger than hers! :( Working on that!
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have it too - it's caused by a tight waistband. Even looking at the picture, you can see the line that goes all the way around.
    I don't think mine is caused by clothing choices... unless I'm still being affected by nylons/panty hose I wore about 25 years ago! In order for pants to fit around my lower belly and butt, there's a gap at the waist.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Poecile
    Poecile Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm just like this, too! Oh, and how I hate it...I have the fluffy upper and the fluffy lower, which makes my bellybutton look like some strange alien smile. :embarassed:

I'm just worried mostly about loose skin once I lose weight. I'm planning to be 100lbs lighter by next year and at my target BMI range, but I'm super afraid that if I have loose skin, I'll just end up looking ugly even after my hard work. It'd break my heart if that happened. :brokenheart:

I've heard that Cocoa butter lotions help with skin elasticity, so I'm working with that right now, but...I just want to be rid of this double belly!
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. I'm interested to see how it works out as I lose weight. I have a permanent "muffin top"