i heart the doctor's office scale : )

Options
lisaisso
lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
went yesterday.. showed i lost 2.5 lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 22 POUNDS!
i had been at 19 lbs lost for a week or 2, and was going by the scale at my gym. but now i wanna go by this doc's scale :happy:

weird, but think it's finally setting in that i'm losing weight :drinker:
go me!

Replies

• meshell216
    meshell216 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My doctors office is 4 pounds lighter than mine! I like going there too!

Congratulations!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you have been weighing on the one at the gym you need to get on that one and see if it says the same thing as the doctors scale. That's the only way you will be able to tell if you truly lost the 2.5 pounds. Maybe they are the same. Also which scale would you have easy access to? That's the one you need to keep weighing on. Either way Congrats!!!!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    LOTS of people get on and off these scales! Be aware they may not be zeroed out and calibrated correctly which may explain the differences in the scales.
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have access to 3 differet scales and each one is different. I use the scale at work (I work in a medical office) for my "official" weight, but I do check it whenever I'm at the gym. I prefer the work scale :laugh:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I use my doctor's scale as well. It's digital, and my mother works there and they just got it calibrated in December. I've been using it only, because I know scales do differ. I weighed the pair of pants I wear each week as well, so I know about how much to subtract from my weight for clothing. (about 2 pounds... I have heavy jeans!) It's good to stick with one scale, because even if it is not accurate originally , it will let you know how much you lost.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I like the scale at the gym (I used to be a member of) and Dr's office that's the manual one you slide the metal weight across until it balanaces :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!