Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Whats a good weight for me?

I am 31yo about 6 foot / 6'1 I think once some website said i should be like 170-180 and thats just not gonna happen lol. I am shooting for 200 but is that a healthy weight to shoot?

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    That is something for you to decide personally. I am 5'5" and aiming for 170 - 180. At one time I got down to 160 and I was not healthly and felt sick all the time. When I was in the 170 - 180 range I felt great and that is where I want to be again. As you can tell I am not a fan of being what a chart tells me or my doctor either. She thinks I am fine where I am but I said I was not.

Good luck!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    My husband is the same height as you are and usually sits around 185-190lbs and looks healthy and seems happy!
  • roningt
    roningt Posts: 13 Member
    When i was at 220 a few years back i still was "Over weight" and had a bit of a belly but i felt great i would be very happy back at that weight. I just didn't know if 200 was "unhealthy" for me to be at. My goal is to be around longer for my daughter and be able to keep up with her :)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    One pound of muslce weights the sames as one pound of fat. It is leaner. If you felt great but out of shape, then I recommend strength training. I have a friend who has not lost weight but lost inches and feels great.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    200 sounds PERFECT. My hubby is 6' and 200lbs - very healthy and looks damn good too!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    6'1" here, and also shooting for a toned 200.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    My husband is 6'1" and looks awesome at about 195. He's currently about 210 and looking good. He has a teeny tiny bit of a belly but is super toned everywhere else and is very athletic