My Transformation

Options
photo.php?fbid=3363145209305&set=a.1065089239342.11650.1589350562&type=3&theater

The pic on the left was 4 years ago at 255lbs. About a year after that was taken I found out my wife and I were going to have a little boy and i decided it was time to make a change so i could be there for him for a long time. Now I am down to 183lbs a total lost of 72. I also start running competitively and ran my first race in 2010. My first run was a 2 miler that took me 18 minutes. The last 5k i ran was 21:08 with a goal of a sub 20 minute 5k by January 1st 2013. I am also training for a half marathon that is in February. All this transformation inspired me to transform another area of my life. During all thus I was pursuing an Engineering degree and decided to change my major. I am now pursuing a Sports and Exercise Science degree with the intention of working with over weight and obese children to teach them a better lifestyle. So to everyone I say go get those goals you have for yourselves. Push yourself as if someone else where doing the pushing.

Replies

• RunDaytonaMc
    RunDaytonaMc Posts: 369
    Options
    picture did not post it is my profile pic though
  • ndlauren
    ndlauren Posts: 17
    Options
    Great job! I'm so jealous of your progress running...I'm still so slow! Have you done interval training to increase your speed at all? I find I'm better with long distances - even a 25 minute 5k is foreign territory for me!
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    I have done interval training a little bit. I liked it but i ended up injuring my hip from over striding so I gave it up. I just run a lot of 5k's. My main training technique is running a hilly course for training and pushing myself to the point i have to walk sometimes and then not walking. Not really a set routine. Keep at it and run some longer distances too.
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    I have done interval training a little bit. I liked it but i ended up injuring my hip from over striding so I gave it up. I just run a lot of 5k's. My main training technique is running a hilly course for training and pushing myself to the point i have to walk sometimes and then not walking. Not really a set routine. Keep at it and run some longer distances too.
  • ebeans887
    ebeans887 Posts: 32
    Options
    Great job!
    I live in Daytona too, where are some good places for a jog!?
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    I actually live in Holly Hill and I run from Derbyshire down 13th to beach street down to Calle Grande and then back through a few neighborhoods that is a 7mile run. I have a lot of runs on favoriterun.com jasonmcconnell is my sn there. Alot of people run Granada Bridge. I have not done that yet though
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Way to go buddy
  • blondejester
    Options
    good job :smile:
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    Thank you all
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    There ya go!

380737_3363145209305_1589350562_2598923_1677208588_n.jpg
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    Thanks a bunch angelashay42
  • Ksass44
    Ksass44 Posts: 6
    Options
    You look years younger and so fit and happy!! Great job!!
  • skinnedknee101
    skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing. Thanks for the inspiration to do better!!!
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    great job!!
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    thanks skinned knee 30musha30 and everyone else. Skinned so glad i could be an inspiration
  • RunDaytonaMc
    Options
    6 POUNDS LEFT
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!