Whats a good weight for me?

Options
I am 31yo about 6 foot / 6'1 I think once some website said i should be like 170-180 and thats just not gonna happen lol. I am shooting for 200 but is that a healthy weight to shoot?

Replies

• Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That is something for you to decide personally. I am 5'5" and aiming for 170 - 180. At one time I got down to 160 and I was not healthly and felt sick all the time. When I was in the 170 - 180 range I felt great and that is where I want to be again. As you can tell I am not a fan of being what a chart tells me or my doctor either. She thinks I am fine where I am but I said I was not.

Good luck!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same height as you are and usually sits around 185-190lbs and looks healthy and seems happy!
  • roningt
    roningt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When i was at 220 a few years back i still was "Over weight" and had a bit of a belly but i felt great i would be very happy back at that weight. I just didn't know if 200 was "unhealthy" for me to be at. My goal is to be around longer for my daughter and be able to keep up with her :)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    One pound of muslce weights the sames as one pound of fat. It is leaner. If you felt great but out of shape, then I recommend strength training. I have a friend who has not lost weight but lost inches and feels great.
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    200 sounds PERFECT. My hubby is 6' and 200lbs - very healthy and looks damn good too!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    6'1" here, and also shooting for a toned 200.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'1" and looks awesome at about 195. He's currently about 210 and looking good. He has a teeny tiny bit of a belly but is super toned everywhere else and is very athletic