What exercises can i do for my muffin top

Options
Hi i'm a large woman and i'm noitcing that i have two main plump areas (lol I have known for a while lol ) ... some call it a muffin top....Does anyone have an ideas on what exercise I can do to get rid of it?
thanks
76birdy76
AKA supper muffin....lol

Replies

• 76birdy76
    76birdy76 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Birdy I am afraid that you will have to reduce overall bf% levels, even though you only have a couple of problem areas. The body will store in certain areas more than others BUT when it comes to reduction there is no "spot" reducing :(

Russ
  • 76birdy76
    Options
    bump
  • 76birdy76
    Options
    Russ thanks for your response even though its really not the one that I was hoping for.I was just hoping that i could do some kind of crunch... ;0)
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi :) I have a massive "muffin top" too :( but there is hope! :p

I have been doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution for a month so far with the C25K programme and have lost 1 inch off mine! I know its not much but its just shows that with a good workout and some cardio, the fat with melt away :)

I must admit though that my diet has been pretty poor so if you have a better diet than me then I'm sure your "muffin" will surely come away soon :)

All you can do is stick to a workout regime and your body will choose where to take the excess fat off, it may not be where you like it as first, but after a while, it'll come off :)

Good luck!! :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    No exercise you do can directly reduce a targeted part of the body. Body loses fat systematically, so calorie deficit is what is key more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    No exercise you do can directly reduce a targeted part of the body. Body loses fat systematically, so calorie deficit is what is key more than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yep he's right. Unfortunately.

Give it time, you will lose fat there in the end :smile:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Used to have a muffin top as well due to being pregnant twice so I hear you. Can't spot-reduce because the weight comes off from where it wants to, unfortunately. Lowering my body fat percentage helped me to get a flat stomach. Just keep exercising and eating well and it will start to come off from your midsection. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    burpees work for me when i can keep it up-variation of burpees
  • 76birdy76
    Options
    bump
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Two exercises:

Head-shakes and table push-aways.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    oblique exercises could help fill out the fat a bit so it is tighter due to muscle mass.

try weighted oblique dips. (using ONE arm)

but yes you cannot spot reduce
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you are going to keep getting the same answer (well, only if they are correct ones!). You can only reduce BF% in general and not spot reduce.