crazy fit massager exercise

Options
I go on the crazy fit massager for exercise its like a vibrating plate. does anyone know if this kind of exercise really contributes to weight loss and does it count as exercise.

thanks in advance

Replies

• Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    8 months not a single reply.....
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    well i mean i can reply but ive never used it so i have nothing of value to say lol sorry
  • oOoMicheleoOo
    oOoMicheleoOo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have used it at the gym couple of years ago. Dont know about weight loss but made me need a wee ! :o)
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have never used one but if something vibrating helped with weight loss i should be very skinny:laugh:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Takiing a shower is exercise but I wouldn`t log it.

Not used the thing you mentioned either. Maybe you can google about cals burnt using it and weigh up from there (no pun intended)
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Perhaps because they most likely are all hype? I'd never heard of them until you bumped this post, and after doing a quick Google search they seem like yet another "quick fix" that someone would reach for rather than doing real exercise. Think about those vibrating belt thingies that were popular back in the 60's... you can't lose weight and tone muscle just by letting a machine do the work *for* you.

You would be better off investing that kind of money into a FitBit or BodyBugg... just my $.02.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My grandparents owned one of those big belt-massager machines - I remember loving to play on it when I was kid. Good times, though I can't say it'd be a workout.

(Dangit, 'cause those are fun, hah.)
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    We exercise, aka, workout, to burn calories, build muscles - repeated movement/loading a muscle) and gain overall health and wellness. In order to burn calories the muscle(s) have to contract regularly and some type of rhythm. The calorie burn comes from the fuel needed to move the muscle to expand and contract. All this can be found out if you do some scholarly research.
    The reason why we gain weight and fat is because we have fat stores waiting to have something to move, which is why exercise, or increased activity facilities weight loss, it burns fuel, fat cells. Now you have enough information to answer your own question. There is a reason why the word “work” is in work-out.

Fat is just another name for stored energy.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Ha! If a little vibration was all it took...

I'm gonna go with "no".
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My ex-boss used to do some vibration plate classes, but she'd actually work out on the thing. I think that's the key. Still, "crazy fit massager exercise" sounds like the best form of exercise ever. :love:
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If vibrating things helped you tone up there would be quite a few females who have a certain part of their body cast iron solid.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The theory is the vibrations break down the fat cells into a form that is easier to get out of the body. Just using the vibrating thing isn't exercising but if you jog in place on top if it it should theoretically get rid of more fat than without. I don't know if it works or not.
  • shy21grams
    shy21grams Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't think it would count as exercise. My trainer will have me hold 3 stretches for 30seconds each as part of my cool down after working out. My heart rate drops from about 120 to 90 after using the machine, so I don't think it would be good at burning calories. He said it is supposed to help prevent DOMS, but I have not felt any differences. My legs still get painful DOMS with it.
    I'm still a skeptic on it.
  • Malaika946
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Saw these at a presentation at the recent Ideal Home show. The theory is that during your movements on the vibrating plate, your muscles get additional stress due to the vibrations. eg you do a push up with your arms on the plate and as your chest and tricepts contract, they have to work harder due to the vibration. Stand on the plate to do squats etc.

Worth noting that they presentation claims were for incresed muscle tissue rather than a cardio workout, so although there will be a calorie loss, it will be no more than if you were doing the exercises normally.

All in all, another attempt to bypass the effort needed to exercise properly.

I had to laugh at the various suggestions about women getting fit with their 'vibrating machines'. Brings to mind this classic gadget for helping women get nicely toned arms....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHUdvvHTkw
  • cjkerr125
    cjkerr125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't realise that this forum was on here.

I can personally confirm that they do work. I tried out the Flabelos before I got married last year and yes it toned my waist up within a few sessions. I now have a Crazy Fit machine at home and it is toning me up.
    I would recommend them to anyone.
    There is a video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k2kmQUK2fE.
    I find these really do help especially on the stomach. My two that I do are the press up which you hold with your hands on the machine and also laying on the floor and feet on the machine and then push up. Lol sorry I can't explain right but you will know what i'm talking about when you watch the video.
    They really do help the stomach and upper abs.
    Good luck any questions let me know.
  • nicoleburgess13
    Options
    I first started using one at a sunbed shop as there was a sign saying drop 2 dress sizes in 6 weeks and I found myself loosing inches therefore I bought my own crazy fit massage and ended up forgetting about it but now I've booked a holiday for in 6 weeks time I'm beginning to use it again

I also should mention I didn't find my weight dropping as much but I was losing inches
  • Malaika946
    Options
    Thank you for the replied
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is, but it sounds fabulous
  • jcpreader
    jcpreader Posts: 16
    Options
    I got one of these just over two weeks ago and have been using it every day for 10 minutes. I do honestly feel a difference and have lost around my waist. I have slim legs and arms but have put all my weight on around my middle and my back and this seems to be helping. I also got it as I have a demanding job and not a lot of time to exercise (not an excuse just circumstance) so this gives me the chance to do 10 minutes in the morning. If it helps I'll give another update in a couple of weeks time to let you know if it really has made a difference!