"10 Pounds At A Time Challenge"

Options

Replies

• Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh ok. So, that means I start off being hard to lose weight. :sad:

No wonder, explains why it takes so long to lose weight.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Oh ok. So, that means I start off being hard to lose weight. :sad:

No wonder, explains why it takes so long to lose weight.
    yup people who have less to lose .... its take much longer .........GOOD LUCK TO YOU
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Today is a cold and rainy day here in the North East!! Brrrrr! I am going to the movies tonight to see "The Stepfather"...can't wait!!! I plan to avoid all popcorn and soda...maybe a lil candy but only a serving size! This journey matters so much to me and I REFUSE to blow after an excellent week!

Weigh in on Sunday...I can't wait to see the results of my work!! I hope it pays off! I think I will only be able to get in one workout today BUT I am not disappointed because there was a point in time where workin out was not priority! The fact that I am going to get in one shows me how I have progressed!!

What are you guys up to this weekend besides Sunday weigh-in??? :)
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    If the rain will stop were going to have a weenie roast with chili and smores (Yum Yum) tonight. Tomorrow we are meeting some 4H'ers and going to a pumpkin farm. Sunday ?? I'm sure something will come up. We have a busy weekend and this is when I struggle. I start freaking out :indifferent: b/c I don't have the control over meals like I do during the week. So wish me luck.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, be strong!
  • nicole_a
    Options
    I just started MFP this week and would love to join this group!

CW: 187

Oct. 31st goal: 180
    Nov. 30 goal: 170
    Dec. 31st goal: 160

10 lbs at a time! Let's go!
  • Rachelbeck1
    Options
    I'd like to give this a shot too. Its been a while since I've been on the site, but my husband just had lap band surgery and he's losing weight and doing really well. I want to try again to do this without surgery, so I'm back and getting serious.
    129912.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • fitnfab427
    fitnfab427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I could used the motivation and support!

I would really like to join this group, hoping by nov 5 I'll be able to finally show some weightloss on my tracker!
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great weekend and sticks to their goals. We can do this!
  • Kpablo
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Today is a cold and rainy day here in the North East!! Brrrrr! I am going to the movies tonight to see "The Stepfather"...can't wait!!! I plan to avoid all popcorn and soda...maybe a lil candy but only a serving size! This journey matters so much to me and I REFUSE to blow after an excellent week!

Weigh in on Sunday...I can't wait to see the results of my work!! I hope it pays off! I think I will only be able to get in one workout today BUT I am not disappointed because there was a point in time where workin out was not priority! The fact that I am going to get in one shows me how I have progressed!!

Ooo, that looks like a good movie. Have fun :smile:

DH and I have two bday bashes to go to this weekend. One is tonight, should lose lots of calories by DANCING! Not drinking. But before we go, I'm going for a quick jog and to the dog park for my Doberman.

Then tomorrow a get together at my friends house. Sunday, I'll weigh in :indifferent: then that night we may see Paranormal Activity. Scary!

BTW, I'm disapointed I've done so well the last few weeks, and I totally cheated during lunch. Chicken Fried Steak, I didn't eat the entire thing, but still. :cry: I'm never doing it again, because I feel so guilty now :sad:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Today I had what I consider a major accomplishment. We had a potluck at work today to celebrate our fiscal year end, which was the most successful year (in terms of sales) the company has ever had. Available food included grilled steak, baked potatoes, salad with different topping and dressing choices, cakes, cookies, brownies, beans and rolls. The steaks were about 1 lb. each!

The accomplishment is that I cut piece of steak approximately 3-4 oz. and left the rest for someone else. I had the smallest baked potato I could find with just a little sour cream and had a large portion of salad with a small amount of french dressing and a couple tbsp of roasted sunflower seeds (no salt).

I can't even tell you how great the homemade chocolate chip cookies tasted but I made it through the day without touching even a taste of the desserts. Yay me...I have such a hard time not having dessert!

Hope everyone else is having a great day. I need to get my derrier in gear before weigh-in!!
  • nfreeman08
    Options
    Count me in, new to the site but eager to attempt this challenge
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Ooo, that looks like a good movie. Have fun :smile:

DH and I have two bday bashes to go to this weekend. One is tonight, should lose lots of calories by DANCING! Not drinking. But before we go, I'm going for a quick jog and to the dog park for my Doberman.

Then tomorrow a get together at my friends house. Sunday, I'll weigh in :indifferent: then that night we may see Paranormal Activity. Scary!

BTW, I'm disapointed I've done so well the last few weeks, and I totally cheated during lunch. Chicken Fried Steak, I didn't eat the entire thing, but still. :cry: I'm never doing it again, because I feel so guilty now :sad:

It's ok..we all slip up...just don't shame yourself into eating more...usually thats what happens! The worse you feel the more you want to eat something bad!!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

My sister and I did the Race for the Cure this morning, and after that, the state fair yesterday, and grocery shopping... my feet are killing me! But I don't mind - it was all worth it. My sister has lost 45 lbs and is getting ready to do Couch to 5K. We both decided that one of our goals is to actually run the Race for the Cure next year. I should be pretty close to my goal weight by then (if I can keep up losing 2 lbs a week or so), so hopefully that is a very attainable goal for me. :happy:

Yesterday we ate lunch at Arby's and I had a salad and did very well - only used half my dressing packet. Then I went nuts and ate half a chicken strip. Bad idea. I haven't had fast food like that in so long that even that little bit really hurt my tummy. But that's a good thing... keeps me from craving fast food for sure!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    So tomorrow is weigh in one! I am hoping I did well! I actually am approaching that time of the month so I fear that I will be retaining water :( Let's hope that is not the case!!! So I will check back tomorrow to let you all know how I did!!
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

My sister and I did the Race for the Cure this morning, and after that, the state fair yesterday, and grocery shopping... my feet are killing me! But I don't mind - it was all worth it. My sister has lost 45 lbs and is getting ready to do Couch to 5K. We both decided that one of our goals is to actually run the Race for the Cure next year. I should be pretty close to my goal weight by then (if I can keep up losing 2 lbs a week or so), so hopefully that is a very attainable goal for me. :happy:

Yesterday we ate lunch at Arby's and I had a salad and did very well - only used half my dressing packet. Then I went nuts and ate half a chicken strip. Bad idea. I haven't had fast food like that in so long that even that little bit really hurt my tummy. But that's a good thing... keeps me from craving fast food for sure!

That excellent I plan to do the race for the cure next year too! This year I was a volunteer but I didn't run the race...next year I will do it! I also plan to do the couch to 5k...I started but I have been exhausted the past few days...
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!!

So I weighed in this morning and I was so afraid that I would already be retaining water because it is approaching that time of the month!! Well, to my surprise I lost 4lbs this week!!!!!:noway: YAY!!!!!!!:bigsmile: I am only 2.5 lbs from my november 1st Goal!! Now just to stay on track and not reward myself with a bad eating trend (I have done that in the past)!!!!

Let me know how your weigh-ins went and send me a message with any questions or concerns!! I hope everyone has a happy scale experience!! :drinker:

Starting Weight: 239
    MFP Starting Weight: 226
    November 1st Goal: 216
    December 1st Goal: 206
    January 1st Goal: 196
    FINAL GOAL: 150

1st Weigh-in 10/11/09: 222.5
    2nd Weigh-in 10/18/09 218.5
    Total Weightloss to Date: 20.5 :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    congrats mshotknicks!! that is awesome!!!!!!! =):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

my starting weight before MFP:148lbs
    Starting weight with MFP:144lbs

I've lost 3 lbs this week :bigsmile:

SW w/ group:126lbs
    CW:123lbs

GW for Nov 1st :121lbs
    GW for dec 1st. 116lbs
    GW for jan 1st: 110lbs (Imma try to lose 6lbs so that i can actually be at my goal weight)

if i reach that goal by jan 1st it'll be odd, because then i wont have a failed weight loss new years resolution next yr:laugh: :laugh:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    congrats mshotknicks!! that is awesome!!!!!!! =):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

my starting weight before MFP:148lbs
    Starting weight with MFP:144lbs

I've lost 3 lbs this week :bigsmile:

SW w/ group:126lbs
    CW:123lbs

GW for Nov 1st :121lbs
    GW for dec 1st. 116lbs
    GW for jan 1st: 110lbs (Imma try to lose 6lbs so that i can actually be at my goal weight)

if i reach that goal by jan 1st it'll be odd, because then i wont have a failed weight loss new years resolution next yr:laugh: :laugh:

That is EXCELLENT!!!!! We are on our Way!!! :bigsmile:
    I agree for the past 3 year I have made a resolution and failed...but this year I will start the year with a BANG!!!! I will have to find a new New Year's resolution,,,how interesting :laugh:
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Had a wonderful weekend and hoped everyone else did. Got on the scale this morning and what should appear before my eyes..... 3 more pounds gone this week:bigsmile: . So that leaves me with 1 pound to go :love: before our first weigh in.

Here's :drinker: to this week. Good luck to everyone.
  • Kpablo
    Options
    Well, I'm so bummed. I've gained weight. I'm going to cry, no not really. But, I am a little bummed. *sigh* oh well. Got a personal trainer, so I'll workout everyday, then have a personal trainer 6 times a month. I better lose some darn weight, or inches, or I might just lose my brain!

I'm going to lose 5 pounds this week, whether it's fat or water. 5 pounds. 5 POUNDS. Someone hold me to it.