118 lbs good for 5'5''?

Options
2»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I can see from the body pic that you changed that you are definitely not chubby. Looking good.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You don't seem chubby or underweight in your picture. Do you know what your body fat % is? I only ask because I am 5'5" and my lean body mass is 108, so I won't be able to get to your weight without being too low or losing muscle. If you are still unhappy with your body, maybe it's time to start gaining muscle!
  • goddamnelectric
    Options
    I'm in the same boat- 5'4 and I go between 115-118 constantly (or maybe my scale has a sense of humor...) anyway you look great, if your bf% is higher than you would like do more weights, that's what I've been focusing on lately.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I think I would look gross at 118. Like sickly skinny. I can only imagine how worse that would be if I was two inches taller. I have MY goal set to 124. IMO body fat percentage tells WAY more than the number on the scale. I have 105 pounds of lean mass, if I was 118, well that would make me only 11% body fat (which is about as impossible as it gets for females)

If you're unhappy about your body, losing more weight won't help. Work on weight lifting and eating the proper amount of calories to build muscle and lose fat. You probably have a higher body fat percentage which is why you are unhappy with your body. It is possible that you cut calories too low and caused your body to burn your muscle along with your fat. That is why so many people hit their goal weights and are still unhappy with their bodies.

Learn to love your body. If there is something you don't like, losing more weight won't help. Some women even GAIN weight and LOOK better when they lower their body fat percentage and raise their muscle mass.

The scale lies.
  • tdigirl
    tdigirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are 19. I was about 120 at 5'4" at 19. That's thin enough to me. I couldn't lift a thing and thought I was fat also. I wasn't. I was too thin. I'm not saying you're me or anything but I think that we all go through times when we feel fat or what not but are totally NOT. Go lift some weights now and tone up pretty girl! Get skinny strong and fit! You will be glad you did when you're friends all gain the college 20. :bigsmile:
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    I bet you look amazing! I mean if you still want to improve just stop losing weight and start lifting weights! You'll probably look better AND weigh MORE than 118!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal is 118 lbs. I think it is a great weight!!! I was the same way when I was your age though. You re-evaluate your body after having children and come to accept that a super model body is not what I really want. I like my curves! ;-)
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and look starved at that weight (I was at that weight when very ill, and anorexic-not eating disorder but celiac.) but I come from a larger framed gene pool.
    Seems low to me, but it could be healthy if you are eating healthy amounts of good food and exercising moderately.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    The reccomended healthy weight for 5'5" is 111.2 - 150.2.

If you are at 118 and think you are "chubby," you very well may have body dysmorphic disorder.

Perhaps you should focus on gaining muscle and losing fat instead of losing weight. This can make a big difference in how you look because 1 lb muscle is more compact than 1 lb fat (about 1/3 of the size!). But even this you can't take to the extreme because you need a certain amount of fat on you to stay healthy (especially as women).

Talk to a doctor. They will tell you what is healthy.
  • wlaurel
    wlaurel Posts: 43
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 132..and you have my DREAM body..I cannot wait to get to where you are!

You are sweet :) I started at 132, it took about 5 months for me to get down to 118. Good luck (: (:

sigh...I started 132, and working out hard and eating right...now I am 140...Cannot stop thinking I must be an idiot...I sometimes want to just quit everything and sit there for a good cry. :(

Do you take hormonal birth control? I lost most of my weight when I got off of the pill.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 132..and you have my DREAM body..I cannot wait to get to where you are!

You are sweet :) I started at 132, it took about 5 months for me to get down to 118. Good luck (: (:

sigh...I started 132, and working out hard and eating right...now I am 140...Cannot stop thinking I must be an idiot...I sometimes want to just quit everything and sit there for a good cry. :(

Do you take hormonal birth control? I lost most of my weight when I got off of the pill.

No, I am not on any medication or any sort of pills. :)