Your favorite Jillian Michaels DVD

Options
julieh391
julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
For those of you who have tried the Jillian Michaels workouts, which are your favorites and why? I see 30DS, Ripped in 30, and No More Trouble Zones talked about on here. I'm just not sure which one I should start with. Suggestions?

Replies

• cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I have 30DS, 6 week 6 pack, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Yoga Meltdown and Extreme Shed & Shred. My favorite is Extreme Shed & Shred. I've seen the most progress doing that one. There are 2 levels and I do them both together which is around 75 minutes or so. (I rarely do the entire cool down so it's actually a little longer than that.) It is pretty intense though so if you're just starting out and want something not quite as crazy I'd go with 30DS. It's 3 levels and they are each about 20 minutes long.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I love all jillian dvd's. They all get you results. If your just starting off, I suggest 30 day shred. That dvd is what sparked my fitness journey 2 yrs ago. It's still my "go to" dvd when Im feeling a little flabby from my midsection. good luck!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30DS from Amazon. I'm so excited to start! C25K (I'm on week 4), logging my food, and that should do the job for sure!
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is what I started with in getting back to fitness and it was great because it is progressive ( gets harder as you move along) and it is short ( 20 minutes), so the likelihood of actually working out is greater!

I got results from the shred, but not scale results. I looked leaner and smaller after about two weeks. After the final 30 days, I lost one pound but looked good enough to wear a bikini in Mexico the following week. ( Im 41).

Then, I moved to Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones. NMTZ is excellent but longer, -great results too.

For me, I always used at least 8 lb weights as the 1-2 pound weights she uses were too easy for me. I moved on to 10 and 15 lb. once I could manage it.
    I think the heavier weights really contributed to my seeing positive change in my body. The workouts were challenging but doable for sure.

I am on to Cathe DVD's now ( heavier weights) but do a JM about once a week when I am short on time or low in energy and need a quick workout. I think JM DVD's are great and produce results if you push yourself and do them consistently. I did 30 day shred about 4-5 days a week and power walked once or twice a week too.

Hope that helps!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    All of them! Body revolution and power yoga are my absolute favorites though
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THEM!! LOL, they are all so great. I just got Extreme Shed and Shred and love it. It's so different from other exercise videos. Many different martial arts moves. Her kickboxing dvd is smokin' too. You can't go wrong with any of them. I have them all and alternate them depending on my mood. Shred it with weights is a good one too.......yoga meltdown......
  • randalv
    randalv Posts: 2
    Options
    Start with 30 Day Shred. It's THE bestselling exercise DVD on Amazon for a reason, and for me and most other Jillian fans, it was the gateway workout to the rest of her DVDs. Once you get that one and love it, which you will, there are lots of fun directions to go with the rest of her catalog. I have all of her DVDS from 2008 on, which is a lot. Love em!