If you could go back in time, would you?

Options

Replies

• mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nope. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I refuse to regret things. :) I like to look forward!
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Yep, not like years ago or anything, just a few months ago when I could have made the initiative to let this dude know that I like him before he got a girlfriend LOL. Forever Alone :'D
  • simplysarah32
    Options
    No...everything that has happened, good and bad, has made me who I am today. I can't regret that, even if it has been difficult. That is what life is about right?
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My life is full of regrets. I'd love some do-overs.
  • flutgos
    flutgos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything, other than exercising and working out, but I would love to relive my high school and college years...the good parts anyway.

I have always thought through things and tried to make the best decisions possible. I graduated from college, have a good job, never did drugs, etc. Everything has been great. It sucks being single but I couldn't really change anything in the past to make that any different.
  • ghiaguy
    ghiaguy Posts: 46
    Options
    I wouldn't want to change the course of my history, but would like to go back and kick my ex in the gonads. Just once.
    Umm, I'm pretty sure that would change the course of history. At least for him.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I wouldn't want to change the course of my history, but would like to go back and kick my ex in the gonads. Just once.
    Umm, I'm pretty sure that would change the course of history. At least for him.

I actually had a chance to do that....it was sheer bliss...would i go back and change it? probably not...
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'd let the past go sooner, and spent more time growing in Christ.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's interesting, because even though my life is not how I want it, and I do wish I could change decisions or actions from the past, but If I had the chance I wouldn't go back.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would tell my 19 year old self not to take the first guy that shows an interest. Live on your own and figure out who you are.
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would go back in time before my first husband died and tell him just how much I loved him. He was taken unexpectedly when I was 26.

I love my life and wouldn't change where I am today.

Jen
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    i could easily say yes and not marry my ex wife... but then I wouldn't have my son (who is the center of my universe... but don't tell him that... his head is big enough already)...

So I guess it's yes and tell the girl I fell in love with at eight years old that I actually really did like her (instead of being a jerky 8 year old like I was). and would have told her again when we ended up in the same high school, but I was too shy and geeky to tell her.. I know that sounds crazy... but I found her after 15 years and found out that she is not only beautiful... but a completely wonderful woman... who never married... 'cause she always believed there was 'The One' out there looking for her... Ugh.
  • soccermoma11
    soccermoma11 Posts: 126
    Options
    No I don't think so, although having a newborn and finishing high school than going to university in a couple months is hard I wouldn't change any of it because I just love my son so incredibly much! It's all worth it
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would have tried out for majorette after 9 months of practicing instead of wimping out!

I'd go back & talk to my grandfather. He died hiking the Appalacian Trail in 1964. I was born in 1966 & have hiked portions of the traul. He did calisthetics every morning & I do Jillian, ellip. or whatever torture my challenge group is putting me through that day. We both love to read (loved to) , have large families (he had 9. Kids I have 6.), & love our faith.

Historically, I wish I could meet Anastasia Romonov. I've studied a lot of Russian history.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    No.

My life is full of regrets, and I'd love some do-overs. But I'll be damned if I'd actually take them.

Goods bads and uglies, this is where I am. And I've got people along for the ride - friends, wife, children. I'd hate to shortchange any of these people by shortchanging the experiences I've already had. They deserve all my goods bad and uglies. As I see it, if I've become better off for my experiences, just imagine how much better off they are.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    My life is what has made me who I am. There has been some effed up *kitten*, but who knows who I would be if it had not happened. I like who I am now. Wouldn't change a thing.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Yes, back to the time before Firefly was canceled. I'd slap the persons responsible and write some more episodes myself.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would. I was not diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome until I was 30 years old even though my parents knew there was something clearly wrong with me. If I had been diagnosed as a child I would have gotten the help I needed to be able to progress through school. I would now have a college degree and be working a decent job.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I would love to go back and re-live some of my favorite experiences again. Not change them, just do them again!