Cookbooks from the library on Kindle.....

Options
territhefrog
territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
I just checked the site for my local library and they have cookbooks available on Kindle. DUH! I have been on here for over 2 weeks and I just thought to do this.
If you have a Kindle or anything like it, you may want to check with your library to see if they carry books for it. I did this with one other cookbook after I saw Hunger Games. It is called the Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook. I made a stew from one of the recipes in it. It was so good.

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    I have several cookbooks on the Kindle but I don't use them- kind of afraid to bring it around water. But love the fact that I can get books from the library on it, nice suggestion. I had no idea about the unofficial hunger games cookbook. I think I'll look that up. Thanks for posting.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Here is a site for free cookbooks for your kindle: http://www.diningdownloads.com/category/free/
  • territhefrog
    Options
    Some of the recipes might make you gag just by the name of them and the ingredients. I said several EWWWWWWWWWW's when I was going through the Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook.
    But the Beef Stew is really good!
  • territhefrog
    Options
    Here is a site for free cookbooks for your kindle: http://www.diningdownloads.com/category/free/

Thank you! I will definitely look into this.
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have several cookbooks on the Kindle but I don't use them- kind of afraid to bring it around water. But love the fact that I can get books from the library on it, nice suggestion. I had no idea about the unofficial hunger games cookbook. I think I'll look that up. Thanks for posting.

If you have the kindle reader on you laptop you can bring up the cookbooks on there..copy and paste the recipe into wordpad and print them out:)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

what about zipping it into a freezer bag when you are using it in the kitchen? As long as it is the kindle keyboard and not the kindle touch, you shouldn't have any problems....
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I just bring my laptop into the kitchen-- I'm in IT and it's relatively safe as long as you aren't putting it on the stove (I'm relatively messy in the kitchen, but keep it on the counter opposite the stove). I also have my smartphone in there. Both are relatively easy to wipe up :)
  • s1lence
    Options
    I just bring my laptop into the kitchen-- I'm in IT and it's relatively safe as long as you aren't putting it on the stove (I'm relatively messy in the kitchen, but keep it on the counter opposite the stove). I also have my smartphone in there. Both are relatively easy to wipe up :)

This would be great advice if I hadn't already got a dead spot on it from a drop of my sons drool on my screen. I really do understand that they are made to take some wear and tear through use but when one spot of drool can blacken out some of my screen I don't think I'll risk it. Thanks though :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'd never thought of this!
  • s1lence
    Options
    what about zipping it into a freezer bag when you are using it in the kitchen? As long as it is the kindle keyboard and not the kindle touch, you shouldn't have any problems....

Thanks for the suggestion :)
  • s1lence
    Options
    If you have the kindle reader on you laptop you can bring up the cookbooks on there..copy and paste the recipe into wordpad and print them out:)

Not technologically inclined enough to know if my desktop has a kindle reader or not but I can ask my husband that is. If possible I will try this. Thank you :)
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Not technologically inclined enough to know if my desktop has a kindle reader or not but I can ask my husband that is. If possible I will try this. Thank you :)

No problem..its its easy to set up, i just talked to friends on setup through messages and you just open the book from there..if you have any questions just send me a message :) I'm very much a Kindle nerd lol
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options

This would be great advice if I hadn't already got a dead spot on it from a drop of my sons drool on my screen. I really do understand that they are made to take some wear and tear through use but when one spot of drool can blacken out some of my screen I don't think I'll risk it. Thanks though :)

LOL! My dogs used to sit on my old laptop and use it as a heating pad-- broke the DVD reader that way. There are all kinds of ways to destroy them :)