Logging diet sodas or no calorie items?

Options

Replies

• duelistic
    duelistic Posts: 15
    Options
    I logged it when i first started, and now since it's in there, i add it when i have one.
    Which is all the time. :(

Srs though, log it to see sodium intake.
    Logged soy sauce the other day, blew my mind... sodium is no joke!
  • kettle_belle83
    kettle_belle83 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Personal preference really. I log everything!!! It's going to depend on how much you focus on your macros.
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I try to log, but don't fret if I forget.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I would log the diet soda because of the sodium content
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Please Drop the soda and watch the lbs drop off as well! Just because it doesn't have calories, don't mean it is good for your body. Lots of hidden sugars and sodium that keep the body bloated and retaining weight.
    *Best of Luck*

Sara
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yes, I log my zero calorie drinks/food. just because it has no calories doesn't mean it doesn't have other nutrients in it. like Poweraid zero I log, to track my nutrient/vitamin intake.
  • schroeder4
    schroeder4 Posts: 14
    Options
    wow! i think i will remove soda from my diet. the only reason i drink it is to fill me up; i have water and Mio for that! :D
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda, but if I have tea or something like that with no calories I still log it. I try to log 100% of what I eat/drink. It's great to look back on my diet and I can analyze it if I'm not losing or I can see what I saw doing at a point when I was losing more.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I log my Diet Cokes as they do have sodium.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If I drink no calorie soft drinks I log it
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    No.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I don't log my diet soda, but I don't care about my sodium. My blood pressure is great and I don't retain water from it, so the insignificant amount in diet soda certainly doesn't bother me. Most people would argue otherwise, I'm just a weirdo who doesn't care about sodium intake.
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    Yes. I log on my 8 calorie energy drinks, diet soda (diet Coke and Fresca). We have the option to track our water, so I usually track everything I put in my mouth. My fitness program includes weight loss so I need to take logging seriousely. I was logging manually before MFP and it sucked big time. I got lazy and neglected to jot the stuff down. I spend a lot of time on my computer anyway (lately) so I cna just hit a few buttons and POOF it's done. (-:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    if i bite it, i write it.
    in this case if I drink it too!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I log most of it because of sodium or other macro content but I don't always. It can be handy to have the info available for the doctor or just to check for myself how many crutches (calorie laden or not) I'm using. Some times it's worse than others based on what's going on in my life but being able to see what I'm putting into my body helps me make better decisions the next time around.
  • sarahlinson
    sarahlinson Posts: 19
    Options
    Same. But also, even though diet sodas are 0 cal I'm pretty sure they make you retain weight. At least with my experience, cutting out everything but water made my tummy flatter than ever!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you track sodium, i would still track all diet items because they will prob contain sodium. If all items on the nutritional label say zero then maybe I would not log, but most of the time there is something. What are some the zero calorie items you speak of?
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Right now I don't but that's because **right now** I'm only concerned with calories. If I hit a plateau, I might start for a week or so just to see my sodium and things like that. But right now, I'm losing weight and still drink a diet coke a day!
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I log everything. If you hit a speed bump or start to feel like you're retaining water, knowing how much of the diet sodas or non-calorie items you're consuming can help you narrow down where you might need to make changes.

I completely agree with this. Plus if you are looking to improve your overall health and not just lose weight it is great to be able to look back at everything you eat or drink and see where you can make healthier choices :)

this.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    if i bite it, i write it.
    in this case if I drink it too!!!

Ha! My Mom got me started on here with the same advice. You bite it, you write it. It does however make it hard to judge just how much i licked my fingers while making cookies!

I however don't log my diet pepsi, green tea, black tea or others unless there's calories.