Lost 75 lbs..need help toning up

Options
txylxr
txylxr Posts: 19 Member
I finally reached my weight loss goal today! For almost 2 years I've been dieting and exercising and went from 210 to 135. Unfortunately I don't have the body I was expecting.
Overall I eat pretty healthy, lots of fruit and veggies, whole grain/wheat breads, mainly chicken for meat and I workout 3-5 times a week, usually running a few miles, some weight training and I've recently started p90x
I really need to tone my stomach, that's where I carried a lot of my weight. I have some excess skin and am having trouble finding out whether or not it'll go away.
Tips/advice/personal experience please!!
:smile:

Replies

• sstewa5638
    sstewa5638 Posts: 11
    Options
    the only thing I can think of for toning is maybe yoga? but the main reason I am replying to this is its freaky My starting weight was 213 and my goal is 135 I'm down 14 pounds but congratulations !!!! :D I'm happy for you!!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations you mean machine you! That is a gigantic accomplishment! Now for the news.....it is time to start lifting those weights! This is the only way you will shape your body into the body you've been dreaming of. Check out bodybuilding.com and get going! You can even start doing strength moves without weights or just use light dumb bells. But, after a little time, make sure you up the weight! Don't do the whole low weight, high repititions thing. It just doesn't work.
  • joannaorgovan
    joannaorgovan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try some Pilates DVDs. May I suggest 10 Minute Solutions and Mari Winsor. You'll start noticing more tone in weeks. Also, Lotte Berk and The Bar Method. They'll kick your butt!!! I've done Lotte Berk for two weeks and am already seeing changes!!! Lotte Berk and The Bar Method are a combo of Ballet, Yoga and Pilates. They are incredible body changers!
  • acragle
    acragle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations you mean machine you! That is a gigantic accomplishment! Now for the news.....it is time to start lifting those weights! This is the only way you will shape your body into the body you've been dreaming of. Check out bodybuilding.com and get going! You can even start doing strength moves without weights or just use light dumb bells. But, after a little time, make sure you up the weight! Don't do the whole low weight, high repititions thing. It just doesn't work.

Absolutely what she said ... don't be one of those women that think they are going to bulk if they weight train .. it's the only way to recomp. and it is superior to cardio when it comes to fat loss. Learn everything you can from bb.com and follow the fitness models .. do as they do.