What have you learned on your weight loss journey so far!

Options
mdcjmom
mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
I want to know what people have learned about themselves and their lives once they started getting healthier and making better choices. For example I learned exercise is a better high than caffeine. Please shoot me your thoughts!

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    OMG, please dont use the word journey.......nobody likes it. :grumble:

One thing I have learned tho, is that I feel more confident with each pound I lose. :smile:
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am stronger than I thought (both mentally and physically).

The world won't end if I don't start my day with a Pepsi.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me the road would be easy, but I've come TOO far to turn around now
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    there are turns in the road, bumps even but don't get derailed from the big picture
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am generally an upbeat and positive person. But, now, I am HAPPY! Been so long and it feels so GREAT! I am finally doing something just for me and nothing but positive has come from it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the word journey :smile:

I've learnt that there are lots of different ways to lose weight/get healthy, but that it really doesn't matter which one you pick - just find something that makes sense to you and works for your body and your lifestyle and stick with it.
    It's not the details that make the difference, it's the perseverance.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've learned that:
    - I can do it.
    - The support on this site is amazing.
    - I would recommend that everyone add friends here immediately. The feedback is wonderful.
    - I am stronger physically and mentally.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Most advice in the forums is worthless as it's too general at best and outright false at worst.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options

One thing I have learned tho, is that I feel more confident with each pound I lose. :smile:
    Please don't use the word acronym OMG....nobody likes it.
  • shodaimetruth
    shodaimetruth Posts: 137
    Options
    i learned that I actually enjoy working out, but didn't enjoy it as much when I was hungover all the time. Switching to exercise and outdoor activities was more enjoyable then parties and hangovers, even though i still like the other two, i don't do them nearly as much. I also learned that you should take all the information you read and apply it to your life in the best way you can. Not everythign works for everyone and it's all trial and error with some proven facts.
  • JDL64
    JDL64 Posts: 1
    Options
    You are what you eat. So cliche, but so true.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options

Please don't use the word acronym OMG....nobody likes it.

Dang I did it again.....:frown:
  • sacrat
    sacrat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As someone else pointed out the "journey" is different for everyone. I've achieved far more by combining tracking here with Weight Watchers meetings and weigh ins (accountability) than I could have with either one alone. It is really important not to let an off week throw you off. I've had two of those in 16 weeks and still lost 35 pounds since February. Ultimately I know I'll have to be accountable to myself without WW, but I don't think I'm quite there yet . I've also learned that fitting into clothes I haven't worn since 1990 isn't always a good thing as styles have changed :wink:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I'm really strong, both physically and mentally. I'm a tough cookie. :smile: I feel like nothing can stop me from doing what I really want to do in life if I'm willing to put in the hard work. I believe in me now.
  • getthin4life
    Options
    The biggest thing I learned that my actual limits exceed what I believe them to be. Great feeling to have these accomplishments.
  • kesteele
    kesteele Posts: 127
    Options
    Probably the most obvious thing ever.......Food.....is a drug.....and it's addictive.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Pizza does not make me gain 3lbs over night and I still love it <3
  • hannz33
    hannz33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i've learned that it really is just as simple as eating healthy and exercising a lot. :) when i say simple i mean un-complicated ;) not easy! it's definitely hard work but if you look at the bigger picture it's a simple idea. with this in mind i am starting to see results! i believe it is in the right mindset that you will succeed :)
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    Most advice in the forums is worthless as it's too general at best and outright false at worst.

like this.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have learned no matter what effort you put in, it will take you a very long time to see the results you want. It is all a patience game :) but so worth it in the end.