Tattoo???

Options
I want to get a tattoo of my starting weight 246 in roman numerials to remind myself that i never want to go back there. eventuall I want to get a tattoo of my final weight. I dont what number Ill be comfortable at or when that will be. As a birthday present to myself. Anybody else do anything similar?

Replies

• ellisb1
    Options
    I think that's an awesome idea!!! Can I steal it?
  • samantha115
    Options
    of course.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    I don't like Tattoos....what if you change your mind later on and dont want it.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I don't like Tattoos....what if you change your mind later on and dont want it.

when you know you know, and you will never regret it if it has a meaning behind it....

great idea~
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    I have two very large tattoos and love them! One was a present to myself. Go for it!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a star for every pound lost either across my shoulders or up my leg. There will be 135 total. Your idea is really cool, too =)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a star for every pound lost either across my shoulders or up my leg. There will be 135 total. Your idea is really cool, too =)

thats awesome!!

OP- i may steal that idea too - what a great idea!!! thnx 4 sharing!!:smile:
  • tabbi187
    Options
    I love tattoos. I have 9 right now and even though I love em all most of them are visable so its hard for me to cover them up at interviews (for the one on my neck I have to wear my hair down for the one on my wrist I have to wear long sleeves I have to wear pants to cover up the 4 on my legs and a tshirt to cover up the one on my chest/shoulder and back... The one I can never cover up is the one on my hand unless I wear a bandaid.. And because of them all I can never get a professional job where they do not allow visable tattoos such as drs office staff.. Just something to consider if you ever want a different job you may want to get your tattoos where they can always stay covered. =]

If I lose all this weight than I am definately going to get a tattoo that symbolizes it, I am not sure what yet but I have plenty of time to think of something!

:drinker:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a large back piece I want to finish, a phoenix rising from the ashes.
    Thought it would be nice symbolism.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love love love tattoos! I like all ur ideas to remind you of where you came from what you want and how you got there! I need to think of one for my weight loss! One of my proudest achievements for sure!
  • samantha115
    Options
    I love tattoos I have 4. This one will be the first one that has some real meaning and not just because its pretty.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I also think this sounds like a great idea that I may wanna steal too!
  • ellisb1
    Options
    I think I'm going to get it on my wrist so every time I eat I will see it and think about what I'm doing!
  • ellisb1
    Options
    Ok I might have to put it on my forearm lol!!!!!!!!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a tat after I reach my goal. I'm however going to get a blue tulip and a purple tulip. I want the blue larger than the purple one. My son is older than my daughter. Then I want a bow tying them together with their names. Tulips are my Fav. flower.

I love the star idea.
  • neclark18
    Options
    i think that is a great idea =]

as far as people not liking tattoos, if you get one, you shouldn't regret it. it once had a meaning and it once was what you wanted. why regret what made you happy whether it was at one point in time or always???

:) i like all of yours guys ideas... i already have a tattoo of dolphins on my lower left back.. i really want to get another one maybe going down my back of the word "spearwort"... it has a significant meaning to me.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i love the idea of getting a tatt to symbolize your weighloss!

once i get to my goal weight i want to get a tattoo to. i only want one though so mines not going to be weightloss related. i want to get something to do with my kids and have their names or something on me
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I already decided that i was going to get a golden snitch tattoo when i get to my goal weight. But I'm glad other people are doing it too. I have one on my foot already and I love it! I can't wait to another one.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The female form is a work of art!
    I have never understood why people want to change that.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The only thing is...our weights are going to fluctuate throughout our lives, so at some point, your numbers may not have the same significance. I don't think my start weight is anything I'd ever want tattooed on my body.

The stars idea on the other hand is pretty cute.

__

I have 3 tattoos that I regret. Regret is a real possibility with any tattoo- regardless of significance. Things change, and what was significant to us at one point, may mean little to us in the future.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!