Whats your favorite late night snack??

Options
Hi everyone. I am often up late at night. I try to eat dinner at a reasonable time but get off work at 1130. I know its not the best idea to eat much close to bed time, but i cant sleep when hungry. Any ideas for me? I hate to sabotage my good days with late night snacking!
Thank you

Replies

• valeriejbardini
    Options
    A nice milky cereal is good !
  • Sharmender
    Sharmender Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Apple, and a whole grain biscuit... or some chocolate :) I always eat before I go to bed, just make sure you save some calories for the end of the day ;)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    a banana, or a yoghurt sometimes with muesli. Maybe a few bites of dinner leftovers, but not w full portion.
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oats if you want something filling and warm, nuts if you want something crunchy, and yogurt or fruit if you want something fresh and sweet!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it matters when you eat...just allot some calories for a snack that satisfies you. I eat about half my day's calories after 6, because that's when I am hungriest. I used to be a late night snacker and this helps me go to bed satisfied, but still hit my goals!
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Honestly,ice cream reallisticly,watermelon!
  • rdk009
    rdk009 Posts: 8
    Options
    Peanut Butter/Fluff sandwich with a glass of milk or chocolate fudge pop tarts.... With a glass of milk. The milk part is very important lol
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm siding with low-sugar whole grain cereal & fat free milk.
  • RoseVirgo
    RoseVirgo Posts: 2
    Options
    I love cinamon apple. You cut up and peel an apple, sprinkle it with cinamon/ nutmeg and a little lemon juice, and pop in the microwave untill the apples are cooked ( usually 3mins on high but all mics are different) if you want to make it up to 100kcals exactly, add about 10g of raisins or sultanas. Really tasty and healthy sweet treat.
  • madras827
    madras827 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone.:love::love:
  • madras827
    madras827 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love cinamon apple. You cut up and peel an apple, sprinkle it with cinamon/ nutmeg and a little lemon juice, and pop in the microwave untill the apples are cooked ( usually 3mins on high but all mics are different) if you want to make it up to 100kcals exactly, add about 10g of raisins or sultanas. Really tasty and healthy sweet treat.

Y u m Mmm
  • PaulaALJ
    PaulaALJ Posts: 27
    Options
    I had that same situation occur to me just tonight! I went for some quaker caramel rice cakes and nutella! :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Red wine. ;)

I try to have some leftover cooked meat handy for snacking should I feel the need (doesn't happen often), anything to avoid heading for the chips/bread/nutella etc. ;)

I'd happy eat cheese if it didn't give me such godawful dreams ...
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    nuts and dried cranberries...and I didnt bring any with me for the next three days while Im babysitting for family....its going to be a LONG 3 days....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    peanut butter dipped in pudding.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Activia light vanilla yogurt and peanut butter.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    An apple
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i dont normally stay up any later than 10 pm so i dont have any late night snack to list
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Do you tend to crave something salty, or something sweet? If I'm hungry late at night, I'm not very discriminating at all. I just want food of any kind. What helps is to drink water and will the hunger away, and if that doesn't work, I reach for an apple and some natty peanut butter or organic chocolate. Lately, I've been crazy about cheese, so I eat a little with some whole-wheat crackers. I count it against the next day's calories, mostly because I get these cravings after midnight, or very close to it.

I made a big batch of Ellie Krieger's nutty granola awhile back, so I sometimes munch on that.
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    Turkey slices and avocado. Perfect snack for night time.