Cracker barrel

Options

Replies

• rebeccasedwards
    Options
    We eat at Cracker Barrel. I have ordered green beans (60) turnip greens (98) baby carrots (80) as sides. The grilled catfish is 120 per filet and is very good. My splurge is a biscuit. I have eaten breakfast there and did very well. They have turkey sausage. You just have to go and plan on eating healthy. I think my last breakfast there was around 300 calories and I had plenty to eat.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to complain that they stopped using pure maple syrup and now mix it with HFCS.

Utter Breakfast Fail.

Thanks for noting that - another reason not to go there!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I went there yesterday after my 5K. I wanted the pancakes, but I got the grilled chicken tenderloins with pinto beans and turnip greens, and it was delicious! Much better choice than the pancakes!
  • Skyla08
    Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I freaking love that place! Ever since I was a kid I would go there with my parents when on vacation in the states! Luckily for me I only get there about once a year now...great country cooked food! mmmm
  • Stowguy2012
    Stowguy2012 Posts: 111
    Options
    I wouldn't be going for breakfast I'd be going for dinner.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    There's a Cracker Barrel restaurant?!? Do they serve delicious cheese there? lol my bad. *shyness*

Cracker Barrel is an AMAZING restaurant <3 They've got little 'novelty' stores in them.. Good Country food <3 Mmmmm
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not to change the subject but now that the store has been mentioned....they have the cutest shirt there now. I really want it but it is over $30. Hope it goes on sale and that I get one before they sell out.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I lose all control in there so I have no clue what is healthy. I vote for fried okra and mashed potatoes.....
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Oh man, just get something unhealthy. Whenever I worked there I survived off of biscuits and gravy :D
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    turning around and leaving, j/k
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Beans, greens, and cornbread.
    It's healthy enough, I reckon.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I usually just get a plate of three of their side veggie orders.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Cracker Barrel? Diet? nooooo, no, no. Cracker Barrel equals chicken and dumplings with fried okra and hashbrown casserole. BOOM!! Which is why I go once every two years. :-D
  • sr4ca
    sr4ca Posts: 43
    Options
    grilled pork chop and baked potato.....................yum !!!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I generally avoid all chain restaurants, with the exception of Panera Bread. Most chains have huge portion sizes and way too much sodium in their food. I like Panera because they have all the calorie counts listed for their foods. I wish more restaurants did that.
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can just order off of the section of the menu where you get to pick a meat and two or three vegetables. Choose a meat that isn't friend and vegetables that are green. I usually get the baked pork chop and greens or green beans.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Pretty sure the syrup is maple mixed with cane, not with HFCS.

Anyway, I really liked a short term item they had which was multi-grain pancakes with honey.

Now if I go, I probably get the regular pancakes.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Itried the Cracker Barrel at lunch it was distguisting. the food smelled like a sweaty gym sock and tasted even worse.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    'Cracker barrel' is my favorite non-swear swear.
    I say it all the time when I'm cranky and trying not to use the full power of my foul mouth in front of my precious, innocent little children.
    CRACKER BARREL!
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite restaraunts. If I were you, I would plan on splurging a little when I went. Not saying go all out, but just order what you like. If you are typically watching what you eat well and exercising, dinner one night is not going to break your diet. But, that is just what works for me.