Help! I'm losing a battle!

Options
How do you keep from giving in to temptation when others in your house eat things you shouldn't?

Replies

• mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    take a very unflatering photo of yourself, laminate it, keep it in the fridge, pantry, your pocket...constantly remind yourself of where you want to go. believe me - fit feels a lot better than fat taste!!!! maybe you will one day inspire them to join you!!
  • DianneOfTheMoon
    DianneOfTheMoon Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It would be much easier if they would all join in with the healthy lifestyle. It's not about just losing weight and "looking good". Our bodies have to last us for years and years. How do we get the most out of our body? Give it the best of the best. Unhealthy fats aren't doing anything for our bodies but tasting good "right now". How long does "right now" last? Not long enough. We need to feed our bodies food that will preserve them to last throughout our lives so they can work better for us. Your family should attempt to be more supportive of you and your wonderful decision to care about your health. Maybe you can help them realize these things too. I sure do hope things get easier for you! Stay strong, sweets!!!
  • alicepoppyh
    alicepoppyh Posts: 88
    Options
    Sheer will power essentially! I live with a man who eats WHATEVER he wants, and plenty of it, and it is very hard not to. But logging every little thing keeps me going.
    I think- "I will eat that, momentarily enjoy it, then feel guilty, and weak, and then have to work out for X minutes to get rid of it...". then I get a glass of water, grab some walnuts or a yoghurt or whatever (if it's snack temptation) and walk out of the room. What else can we do?