SAHM 10/12-10/18

13»

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    where are you?? busy taking care of your families?? :tongue:

mine are watching old scooby doo dvd adn then we're cleaning house today. they have an "opportunity list" to work from to earn mommy money. then they can use their mommy money to get treats (like extra snuggles or dessert or ....)

hope you all have a good saturday am!! :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Good Morning everyone! I just want to say I love this site. I was having a moment last night and then I got right back on track. Motivation here is awsome. Anyway I lost 3 lbs!! WHOOHOO Super excited even after family visits and my Opps last night at a bbq I CAN do this. I am officially out of the 170's which was my first milestone so I couldn't be happier. 150's here I come!
    CHEERS to everyone have a great weekend!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Great for you Shera! I am still stuck at only 4 lbs lost! UGH!!!:angry::angry: :angry: :grumble: :grumble:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • staceyw37
    :drinker: congrats shera!

and nicolee--keep at it.the#swill change eventually. plus you certainly do not want to go the other direction!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Thanks Stacey...and your right....at least I am holding steady!
  • I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend. I went to dinner last night with my in laws and some out of town friends and I must say I did really really well at the resteraunt. I didnt over-do my budget too bad! Go ME! lol I thought it was going to be terrible, but after logging it this morning it really wasn't so I made smart choices while everyone else around me pigged out. I must say I love the weekends. Its like relax time or atleast sundays. We're going to cook on the grill today and "tailgate" at our house before the game. Go Pack Go!! Have a great sunday everybody. Oh and I'm going to weigh myself soon so I'll keep ya'll posted on that. Its sad I know I don't have my own scale at my own house! But don't worry I'll break down and get one soon!
    talk to you later!!
  • staceyw37
    yay billie!! that is such a good feeling to know that you can go out for special things, but still keep with your goals. :happy:
    i have to remind myself that the food will be there another time, that this isn't my last chance ever to have cheesecake, etc.
    have fun today (and we're from bears country--grrr) :laugh: actually, i don't care at all, just hubby does. :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    yay me!! last night i cdn't sleep from 2-4ish and i was hungry. i did NOT eat the cookie dough or any other junk!!! that is HUGE for me!
    instead i had my hi fiber oatmeal with raisins and almonds and walnuts and drank water.
    i knew that if i ate the cookie dough or any of that kind of junk, i'd feel bad about myself in the a.m. i kept thinking that and thus had the will to choose better for myself.
    thanks to you all--b/c i know i'm accountable.
    and thanks to mfp--for giving me tips, motivation, info, etc.

here's to OUR continued success!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Nicole--strength training burns many calories by boosting your metabolism and building muscle, we don't see the calories burned right away like when doing cardio but the long term results are actually better. My Father-in-law talks a lot about how many females get stuck in just doing cardio and can do a lot of it and not continue to lose weight. That is because you need to add some strength training to boost that pesky metabolism :smile: Hope that helps! I try to do both but don't always get them both in or I alter days that I do them and if I am doing both I always do the strength training first for maximum effect.

I have been falling off of the wagon when watching my food and I need to get back to it!!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, has been rainy and cold here :grumble:
  • staceyw37
    i uploaded 2 pics from chicago trip. it's hubby and me at his 20th h.s. reunion. he had completed p90x before this trip and gained serious muscle and lost 18 lbs. i had lost 12.
    have a good night--and we'll talk next week!

btw--feeling a lot better. even walked 3miles today. :happy:
  • staceyw37
    rainy and cold here :grumble:
    (obnoxious brag)--sunny and 90 here today
    but no beautiful fall foliage...
  • staceyw37
    here's the link for this week.
    lettuce, i hope you don't mind that i got it started. :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68802-sahm-10-19-10-25
  • lettuceb