Quitting pop

Options
emccand
emccand Posts: 195 Member
This is frustrating for me to read about everyone who quit drinking pop and lost a ton lol. I was drinking a ton of diet coke everyday, like 2 20 oz bottles, or a 3-4 cans. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I quit drinking pop a little over 2 months ago. The only thing I ever drink now is water, lactaid milk, skim or low fat, or water with mio in it. I have only lost like 2 lbs :( When is my pop weight going to come off!? :sad:

Replies

• jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think in most cases people were drinking regular pop, which meant they were taking in a lot of calories that way. It's that they stopped consuming those calories ratehr then it just being they stopped drinking soda.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Agreed. When I quit drinking soda a few years ago, it was regular soda.
  • crossmk
    crossmk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI, I quit drinking pop on a regular basis but I do allow an occasional treat if we are eating out. That never really affected my weight loss like portion control and drinking water....lots of water.
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 3 or 4 cans of regular pop a day and when I quit I did not see a big weight loss either. I think it depends on the person! Sorry hon!