Recommend me light beers in Canada!

Options
Llyrian
Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
I love beer. LOVE. I dig super hoppy craft brews, but sometimes I'll drink German pilsners or a cold Japanese brew.

I'm not a fan of Bud and I find a lot of the "big guys" tend to cause me headaches, likely from preservatives.

However, I am interested in giving light beer a try so I can fit in more on a hot summer's day on my patio. I'm in Toronto, Canada so some of the American options may not be as easy to locate but we do have quite a bit.

So here's the challenge: Recommend me a light beer that doesn't suck! :)

Replies

• rosslebrun
    rosslebrun Posts: 1
    Options
    Amstel light is my go to low cal real beer, but I found a pretty substantial list here.

http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm

Hope it helps!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I love beer. LOVE. I dig super hoppy craft brews, but sometimes I'll drink German pilsners or a cold Japanese brew.

I'm not a fan of Bud and I find a lot of the "big guys" tend to cause me headaches, likely from preservatives.

However, I am interested in giving light beer a try so I can fit in more on a hot summer's day on my patio. I'm in Toronto, Canada so some of the American options may not be as easy to locate but we do have quite a bit.

So here's the challenge: Recommend me a light beer that doesn't suck! :)

I'm in Toronto too! I usually drink Chill -- find it's pretty half decent tasting and good on calories.

The Canadian in me though says drink something you truly love and just drink less of it! Have a big glass of water between pints -- every glass of beer then is like the first! :love:
  • Mainey13
    Mainey13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im from Hamilton. There is Molson 67 (67 calories) - I dont love it myself but others do.

Im a BRAVA LIGHT fan!! (used to be brewed in the Hammer).
  • alisonst76
    alisonst76 Posts: 23
    Options
    Miller Chill with Lime 100 calories and it is yummy!
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I will NOT.

Exercise more, eat less, drink real beer!
  • kaatielove
    kaatielove Posts: 113
    Options
    I see you're not a fan of Bud, but have you had BudLight Lime? yum.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&q=microbrewery+toronto&fb=1&gl=us&hq=microbrewery&hnear=0x89d4cb90d7c63ba5:0x323555502ab4c477,Toronto,+ON,+Canada&ei=M5fHT9WuCsWW6AHTiIWwDg&ved=0CBcQyBM

I would try there.
    In a pinch, I'll go with Labatt.

Oh, sorry. I tried to recommend light beers, but my keyboard doesn't work that way.
  • jgwhite
    jgwhite Posts: 23
    Options
    yuck! just drink real beer & less of it! there are NO good light beers.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Guiness isn't bad at 126 calories at 12 oz a bottle. 153 calories for extra stout.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/booster_shots/2010/03/guinness-maybe-not-good-for-you-but-not-a-bad-choice-either-.html
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will NOT.

THIS! :)
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Drink Unibroue, thank me later.

http://unibroue.com/en/beers/family/actuelles/
  • GermanicKnight
    Options

PREACH IT!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

The Canadian in me though says drink something you truly love and just drink less of it! Have a big glass of water between pints -- every glass of beer then is like the first! :love:

The American in me says drink what you love. :) I would rather drink something that I was really enjoying then drink something that I was only half enjoying, even if it's half the calories..
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I will NOT.

THIS! :)

I third this! Light beer is for people who don't like beer and wanna pee a lot...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of light beer, I would rather have less of the real thing. That being said, of the light beers I have had I enjoy Cold Filtered Light the most (much better than Coors or Bud), it is a Moose head brewery product.
  • Llyrian
    Options

Oh, I have no plans to totally ditch good beers. I love them too much. But there are those days that I don't *want* to drink less of it and exercise simply isn't happening.

I absolutely understand the "just drink good beer, exercise and drink less of it", and I agree mostly. But this thread's not asking for that.
  • j3nnal3igh13
    j3nnal3igh13 Posts: 134
    Options
    There is Canadian 67. (67 calories) I don't drink beer but a lot of my girlfriends drink this and say it isn't too bad. I'll take their word for it.
  • Llyrian
    Options
    Amstel light is my go to low cal real beer, but I found a pretty substantial list here.

http://www.beer100.com/beercaloriesimports.htm

Hope it helps!

That's a great list!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Barking Squirrel! Each serving has 150 cals, which isn't too bad considering...
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you get this in Canada or not, but I do love Bud select 55. Mind you I do like Bud and I do prefer light beers in general.