Disgusted!!!

Options

Replies

• sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    OP, I agree.

Sometimes I wonder if these people speak to others like that face to face? I seriously doubt it! :wink:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Tl;dr

lol
  • Karebear_68
    Karebear_68 Posts: 67
    Options
    I totally agree with you! Lucky for me I have not had a friend who has been less than super supportive! I sure hope I do not ever have to feel that way. Sorry you have had a bad experience! :flowerforyou:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't have the same filter on the internet that they would in person....and some just don't care.
    I fall into the latter.
    Nice. People like you make our world a better place.

Thank you. :)
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way.

bacon-bouquet-1.jpg

I'd marry you if you sent that to me.....

I would marry any woman that sent that to me. If a man sent that to me, I would be his hetero life mate.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Reported for hurting my feelings.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Too many trolls on the interwebz to expect everyone to be kind... I have learned that from experience. But as a fellow friend, I agree. :) We should be nicer to each other...
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I personally don't see much negativity. The majority of people are positive and helpful, sorry you havent had the same experience.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    You know, I love how this site can help so many people work towards their goals, so I suggest it to friends. Maybe I should not be doing that.

I have to say I am disgusted with some of your behaviour on this site! Someone makes a post and you don't like how they word it or what they have to say and you feel the need to rip them apart until they are in tears and feeling worthless.

We all started at nothing and are all in the process of learning. How about treating people with some respect and encouraging them! And you know what, if you don't like what they have to say there is the option of closing the window instead of making them feel worthless and stupid!

This site should be full of positivity and encouragement, but time and time again I see just how bitter and hateful some of you are and there is no need to take that out on someone else. If you don't like your own life, how about you change those things you dislike instead of taking your bitter negative attitude out on everyone else!

I am so upset. None of us are perfect and all of us have room for improvement!

And yes, some of you are now going to rip this post apart and find some way to insult me but whatever. Time to grow up people, this isn't the playground any more!

334.gif
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    How about posting something positive and maybe others will follow?

Posting negative comments towards negative threads probably won't help.

Lead by example.

I have bit my tongue for a long time and not said anything because i had nothing nice to say, but I am tired of my friends being ripped apart for nothing so it is time I say something.I am positive to every friend I have.

Maybe you need new friends?
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately when you post something online, no matter what it is, you will find an array of people and opinions. Some may like it, some may not, some may be jealous or threatened or totally agree with you. The problem is that we are all very different and from very different walks of life.

The sad reality is that life isn't always positive, you have to take the good with the bad. And if you are going to post something online, you ought to really think about what you will post, and to whom it is visible to. You don't know the people on a public thread, they may come from a complete different walk of life, age, race, country, religion, viewpoint, etc etc etc. And some are not accepting of differences.

If you post something in an open thread, anyone can comment, you have to just prepare yourself to receive the good with the bad.

Haters gonna hate, if you post something, just expect the possibility that someone else may not agree or like it. Its called life, and we all have to live it.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I agree to some extent and I only pipe up if I have something useful/helpful to say. I ignore the trolls and downright rude people, arguments and comments back just fuel their fire. Hopefully if you ignore them long enough they go away... It is the internet and *sigh* there will always be people like that around.

Keep your head up, keep doing what you're doing and don't give in to these people.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel this way, but honestly, posts like this fuel the people you're talking about. Negatively commenting about them is absolutely not going to help.

That being said, if it's hugely bothersome to you, I'd advise staying off the forums. Once someone told me that I was going to be fat forever because I drink wine and eat fruit. I personally don't care, but if it bothered me, I wouldn't post anymore....problem solved.

Most of the things said, IMHO, are for attention. It's easy to say shocking or nasty things behind a computer screen and it always gets a big reaction ... either in the actual post or by people posting about the negativity or whatever. If you want the cycle to stop, I'd suggest making the first move.

Best of luck to you!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Not everyone on the internet is nice. Just like not everyone in life is nice. The best thing anyone can do is STOP thinking that every person who signs up for a calorie counting website is suddenly there to be supportive and kind to everyone else. Some people are mean. There's nothing you can do about that. I'm sure there are people in your office, your family even some of your own friends who irritate you and get on your nerves. There's no reason to expect a calorie counting website to be filled with nothing but people saying things you want to hear.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    There's more to this site than the message boards. I know people who don't get involved with the social aspect of it, but log their food and exercise diligently and are having great success. And there are many supportive and encouraging people here. Don't knock the site just because of a few knuckleheads. When I come across a post where people are getting out of control, I just ignore it and move along.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have always found more positive than negative. This keeps me coming back. The negative comments dont make me mad, I just skip over them. :) Rose colored glasses and all that.

BTW---Whoever sent the bacon roses... I would give mad sexual favors if you sent them to me. :love:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    When I get sad, I listen to "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley and it makes me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

Enjoy.
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have seen alot of that also, and sadly, there are just alot of really mean people out there. My theory is that people who sit disguised behind their computer, running their mouths and trying to bring others down, are broken people with low self esteem and it makes them feel better to try to bring others to their sad little level. Feel sorry for them, rather than being angry. It must be awful to have so many negative thoughts, right? Shake it off, and be who you are. After all, you're here for YOU :flowerforyou:
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    When I get sad, I listen to "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley and it makes me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

Enjoy.

:heart:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Not everyone on the internet is nice. Just like not everyone in life is nice. The best thing anyone can do is STOP thinking that every person who signs up for a calorie counting website is suddenly there to be supportive and kind to everyone else. Some people are mean. There's nothing you can do about that. I'm sure there are people in your office, your family even some of your own friends who irritate you and get on your nerves. There's no reason to expect a calorie counting website to be filled with nothing but people saying things you want to hear.

Very well said.