Layer of fat over my muscle!

Options
2»

Replies

• EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    Maybe I am overthinking this TDEE but I am a little confused. If my TDEE score is 2880. Does this mean I need to consume 20% less than the original score?

So this would mean 2880 x .2 (20%) = 576 calories OR

2880 (-20% of the number is 576) minus 576 = 2304.

Which is correct? Just a little confused.
  • AngelinaMoore04
    Options
    Every body is different. I've seen spinning studio instructors with bird legs and others who look like they are on an Olympic ice skating team.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am overthinking this TDEE but I am a little confused. If my TDEE score is 2880. Does this mean I need to consume 20% less than the original score?

So this would mean 2880 x .2 (20%) = 576 calories OR

2880 (-20% of the number is 576) minus 576 = 2304.

Which is correct? Just a little confused.

This means that a reasonable starting point would be 2304 assuming that the calculation you did was correct. It sounds on the high end to me but I know nothing about your stats or your lifestyle so I can't say that with certainty.

Additionally, 20% is a good "starting point". As a general rule, the bigger/more obese one is, the larger of a deficit they can create.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    everyone says you wont bulk up on a deficit but I did lol so just figure out what works for you.

By how many inches and/or pounds?
  • EAH123
    EAH123 Posts: 40
    Options
    Additionally, 20% is a good "starting point". As a general rule, the bigger/more obese one is, the larger of a deficit they can create.
    Thanks. I am six foot and currently weigh 225. I workout 4-6 times a week as well. That's good to know.
  • nosila96
    nosila96 Posts: 25
    Options
    BUMP

cuz this is most people's problem.

and great advice!
  • aimsteen
    aimsteen Posts: 49
    Options
    I do six days a week of resistance/incline cardio for an hour each time, and do 5 days a week of lifting as heavy as I can. Sometimes I have high rep days (sets of 20-30-40) which makes me have to lift less, but I still lift until fatigue. I can barely finish the last reps. I also do sprints one day a week. Do I look bulky?

Nope, not at all. You look awesome!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    If that's the OP in her avatar, fat not found
  • siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options