Stuck at 140 lbs!

Options
WTH??? I am stuck at 140. I figured 4 months at 1200 was too much for my body and it's storing calories now. So I adjusted my goal to hold at 140lbs rather than to lose down to 137lbs and it still has me at 1200 calories? Not sure about sticking to this. How can it be the same to maintain as to lose weight?

I lost 4lbs in one month before MFP and then additional 13lbs on MFP in 8 weeks. Granted I had one very bad week of eating over calories for my husbands birthday and 20th reunion week over a week ago. But I've been good this past week exercising and keeping in calories. Help! I feel like giving up.

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Michellerw1 Posts: 367
    Options
    Is it maybe still set to a particular amount of loss per week?
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, yes it was. Thanks! I was thinking I was going crazy... Geez... now it says I can eat over 1500 calories! YIkes. I hope I don't gain following this intake. I'll give it a week and see what happens. Wish me luck!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to jump right into 1500 calories, add 100 a week so you gradually work up to 1500. That'll give your body a chance to adjust to the extra food and hopefully it won't respond by gaining weight if you up it 100 per week.
  • wendylady123
    wendylady123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think I ran across that when I lost weight the last time. Your body has adjusted to what you are doing and is regulating. I suggest reevaluating the food types, changing the style of workout you do, shock your body. Pick something new, work different muscles. I have a friend who works out WAYYYY more than I do, and she's stuck at 160 having lost a lot after she had her baby. She's been trying different things to see if something will rekickstart more weightloss.

I've been able to lose weight right now based on changing my diet up and eating cleaner foods (less ingredients/preservatives), not just less calories.

I also did a Organic Cleanse from Renew Life. They have a Diet one that I might follow up with after I'm done with the Organic one. There were a few days on this one that were a "bit rough". Drink LOTS of water with it and lower or drop caffine intake. Really follow their suggestions. It also made me crave carbs and sugar a lot less.

Let me know if anything works, I am sure I will hit a plateau here soon. BUT, if I average the same weight loss til I leave for San Diego, I will hit my goal RIGHT on the day I leave on July 21st. But plateaus are a big B-word.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback. I'll add in only 100 at a time to see what happens. I will also try new exercise routine. I'll change up with some new cardio. My problem is the fact that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and heavy work outs or too much repetitive movement of any particular joint can cause a flare up and then I'll be down and out for a week or two with severely swollen and aggravated joints. And before anyone says try swimming... I would... (I've tried) except I have a severe allergy to the chlorine in the pools out here. What good would it be if I become painfully covered in dry rashy cracking skin. I do what I can within the means I have available.
  • ambboogie
    ambboogie Posts: 4
    Options
    this is really helpful for me because I have been stuck at the same 3lb range for about 3 1/2 weeks now!

grrr it is so frustrating!

i've been switching up my workouts and eating healthier and cleaner but my body just refuses!!! I have at LEAST 15 more lbs to go and I'm not sure how I can get past this!
  • pennypistol
    pennypistol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    also very frustrating i lost 6.6 lbs now i'm stuck ... trying to stay encouraged and blast this off.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I, too am hovering between 137-140.....I've been on 1200 calories because I am trying to adhere to JM's 90d BR program. My workouts do ramp up in intensity every 2 weeks AND I eat clean.... so IDK why I am slowing down either. I've been trying to eat more calories in the hopes that it helps. Honestly, I'm sure I have been eating a bit over 1200 the whole while. SOOOOO frustrating.
  • rangerwife77
    Options
    HIT THE WEIGHTS!! One week of weight lifting thrown into my routine and I lost 10lbs... it burns fat and fast. Try the fitness app JEFIT, it will give you a routine to start with.