sweet tooth?!

Options
okay so I've got a really sweet tooth and after a meal (lunch and dinner) I need to eat something sweet otherwise I cant concentrate and cant stop thinking about it!
I've tried fruit but it just doesn't satisfy my cravings, ive also tried chocolate spread but I find myself not being able to stop digging my spoon into the jar!
Its really starting to irritate me because its adding on the calories! does anyone have any sweet food that is low in calories or any tips to try stop my cravings? thankyou :)

Replies

• MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you like dark chocolate, but usually a tablespoon of dark chocolate covered cocoa nibs (I get the Kopali brand) does the trick for me. It's the perfect sweetness for me and has some crunch!
  • michaeltoye
    michaeltoye Posts: 48
    Options
    You'll get used to it after a while, but I was the same and *had to factor in a square or 2 of dark 70% chocolate. It's like 80 calories a square, but if you have to have the sweet stuff...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Most nights I have ice cream.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have a super sweet tooth as well!

What I usually do - and this requires some will power - is allow myself to have one candy bar a day. Something small, usually under 100 calories. I eat that one, and only that one, and that's it; no more candy. If you can't resist reaching for another bar, here's a few other things you can try:

- Low calorie hot chocolate. Usually less than 40 calories a cup, and pretty good for staving off the sweet cravings.
    - Melted dark chocolate and strawberries! I love this. Buy a small bar of dark chocolate, melt it in the microwave, and then dip strawberries into it. Not too heavy on the calories, and it's better for you thank milk chocolate/sugary candy.
    - Sorbet! Far less calories than ice cream and really, really sweet.
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    Me too but whatever I eat in sweets, I work off with exercise a day
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    Im not sure what kind of sweet you are looking for but one thing that helps me is the fiber one 90 calorie brownies! they are soooo good, good size for a snake, low in calories and can satisfy your sweet tooth :) if your looking for a sweet candy thats low in calories maybe and air head? they are about 60 calories per bar. hope it helps!
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You'll get used to it after a while, but I was the same and *had to factor in a square or 2 of dark 70% chocolate. It's like 80 calories a square, but if you have to have the sweet stuff...

This.
    Ghiradelli makes some 60% chocolate chips, 16 (theyre larger than normal chips) for 80 calories. 8 after lunch, 8 after dinner

Edit to add: separate them and then put away the bag. On a high shelf you can't reach without a stepstool.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the miniature special dark chocolate by hersheys.. They even make a sugar free kind that I can only find in a drug store though.
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but try eating a pickle or something super tart.... It targets the same tastebuds that make you crave sugar, works for me...
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think it's one of those "what's more important to you" things. You can either leave room in your diary for sweets or you can fight the craving.

Personally, I leave room when I can to enjoy a treat at the end of the day.
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    My sweet tooth is horrific, too. What worked best for me was to give it up completely. I'm completely serious. It was as HARD AS HELL for the first three weeks and then after that I didn't crave sweets anymore. I stayed sweets-free for 6 months and when I went back to sweets they were SOOOO sweet I almost couldn't take it!

Good luck!
  • Curvy_princess
    Curvy_princess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way.. I NEED to have something sweet. Not sure if this is the best idea..but what I do is I purchase the 100 calorie cookies that come prepackaged like keebler fudge dipped cookies or chips ahoy 100 calorie packs, also skinny cow ice cream sadwiches those are 150 calories. It helps me plenty. I do limit it to 1 a day..
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I never used to like dark chocolate, but I find now that when I really MUST have something sweet, I reach for that. It has such health benefits, and a small piece doesn't have a lot of fat or calories...................if you let it really melt in your mouth, it has such a tasty way of helping those cravings.

Oh, and weight watchers makes an ice-cream bar..............raspberry with dark chocolate. They are small, and only 80 caloires, but SOOOO good for that sweet tooth (and I'm not a big ice-cream person....these are REALLY good!)
    http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=1&productId=692874
  • carlafinley
    carlafinley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too have a realy bad sweet tooth, I normaly give my self one sweet treat at the end of the day also I try not to buy or have sweet stuff in the house
    I find pineapple good for my sweet craving and brushing my teeth after meals helps
  • MAEahnnn
    MAEahnnn Posts: 5
    Options
    I definitely have a sweet tooth as well, like many of us here! So i usually buy a dark chocolate candy bar with almonds and sea salt and only eat one square but slowly... the almonds provide a little protein and the sea salt just intensifies the dark chocolate flavor so one square should do the trick =] Hide the rest of the bar for the next day
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I keep a bar of dark chocolate around for days that I have a sweet tooth...a single square does the trick for me... dark chocolate covered expresso beans do the trick too!!
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I found a few things that help me
    1. 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry preserves = 130 cals
    2. skinny cow mocha ice cream 100 cal
    3. tbcy strawberry yogurt ice cream 1/2 cup 120 cal.
  • gatecityradio
    gatecityradio Posts: 401
    Options
    Eat Fruit. I like the little clementine oranges. Or you can get some of those fiber one brownies, they are only 90 cal.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    okay so I've got a really sweet tooth and after a meal (lunch and dinner) I need to eat something sweet otherwise I cant concentrate and cant stop thinking about it!
    I've tried fruit but it just doesn't satisfy my cravings, ive also tried chocolate spread but I find myself not being able to stop digging my spoon into the jar!
    Its really starting to irritate me because its adding on the calories! does anyone have any sweet food that is low in calories or any tips to try stop my cravings? thankyou :)

www.ChocolateCoveredKatie.com :wink: :tongue:
  • emily_kenyon
    emily_kenyon Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hey if i want something sweet i eat the yoo moo frozen yoghurts they do all different flavours about 150 or less cals and 2grams of fat they do a chocolate one too which is yummy :))

7934927.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods