Options

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    SW 225
    LW 202
    CW 200 (loss 2 pounds this week)

Dont get discouraged Katie .... keep on truckin you will get there eventually

Congrats on everyone who lost weight ... and for the ones who didnt ... you will... DONT GIVE UP :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone:

So, I didn't lose anything, but didn't gain anything this week either. I'm disappointed with myself because I didn't work out much, but my accomplishment is that I had calories left over both yesterday and today, so hopefully that will counterbalance going over my calories a bit earlier in the week.

My boyfriend and I hike for two hours at a state park yesterday and burned 970 calories and then we hiked at a different state park for two hours today and burned another 957 calories. My legs are exhausted and the muscles feel tight, even after stretching, but that means they were thoroughly worked!

I'm really going to stick with things this week so I can see a change on the scale next Sunday!!

Good luck and happy exercising, everyone!
    Heather
  • fairy28
    fairy28 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been looking for a group and it seems that I may have joined a little too late for most of them. But this sounds great, thanks for the idea!

*Nov 1st goal: 205
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    Good evening, everyone:

So, I didn't lose anything, but didn't gain anything this week either. I'm disappointed with myself because I didn't work out much, but my accomplishment is that I had calories left over both yesterday and today, so hopefully that will counterbalance going over my calories a bit earlier in the week.

My boyfriend and I hike for two hours at a state park yesterday and burned 970 calories and then we hiked at a different state park for two hours today and burned another 957 calories. My legs are exhausted and the muscles feel tight, even after stretching, but that means they were thoroughly worked!

I'm really going to stick with things this week so I can see a change on the scale next Sunday!!

Good luck and happy exercising, everyone!
    Heather

I applaud you for the hiking :flowerforyou:. Don't get discourage, small steps.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I have been looking for a group and it seems that I may have joined a little too late for most of them. But this sounds great, thanks for the idea!

One big happy family :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options

welcome aboard and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I had SUCH a great weekend, but I didn't eat especially well - kept within my calories, but ate junk. :ohwell: So I'm glad (somewhat) that it's Monday and can get back on track.

MFP starting weight: 285
    Challenge Starting Weight: 278
    November 1st Goal: 273
    December 1st Goal: 263
    January 1st Goal: 253
    FINAL GOAL: 150

1st Weigh-in 10/19/09: 274
    Total Weightloss to Date: 4 lbs (11 total) :love:

I'm excited! 4 lbs gone! I only have 1 more to go to reach my Nov 1 goal!

Everyone have a great day!
  • MindOverMatter
    MindOverMatter Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that everyone is doing so well!!! Keep up the good work!

For those of you that are having a little trouble just tweak your plan a little bit and see if that works for you!! Just Dont Give Up!!!!

I have a busy day today....I have to be sure I have all my food prepared and ready to go...so there is no room for slip-ups!!
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    It's great to read these messages to stay motivated. I was only down .2 this week . . all b/c of one bad mood last Wednesday.

My Nov. 1st goal is 210
    Current weight: 214.8

Still doable as long as I keep it in control.

Way to go everyone for keeping on track - just by posting messages, I think, is a way to stay on track.

Happy Monday!!:tongue:
  • gailgg123
    Options
    ok. I'd like to join this too. Maybe I can stick to a diet and get this weight off with a challenge like this one. Can I join now or is it too late?
  • Chickenboob
    Options
    Hi , I would like to join also.

Thanks

My Nov 1 goal is 5 pounds (just started today)
    My Dec 1 goal is 15 pounds
    My Jan 1 goal is 25 pounds
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've gained yet another pound. What the heck is going on? I'm not really even eating my workout calories. :sad: Sorry for the rant. But that stinks.
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've gained yet another pound. What the heck is going on? I'm not really even eating my workout calories. :sad: Sorry for the rant. But that stinks.

That might actually be part of your problem... if you aren't eating ENOUGH calories, your body will go into starvation mode and store what you do eat as fat. Try making sure this week to get as close as possible to your calorie goal and see if that helps :wink:
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had a good weekend eating wise and kept busy. Sat we played outside and had fun and whammo Sunday kids with fevers and my tom starts. greeaaat. So I am bloated, crampy and crabby but I am going to work out anyway this afternoon.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late finding this - and I'm fairly sure I won't be able to keep up with you guys, but I'd love to join in with this, if ok? I could use the challenge, and the accountability!
    Current weight is about 145 (haven't gotten near the scale in a bit, but judging by the fit of my clothes and the increased inches in measurement, I'm think it's fairly accurate).
    My goal weight ideally is 125 (I'm 5'4) - but I'd be ecstatic at hitting 130 again - it's been close to 4 years since I've seen that weight...
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options

That might actually be part of your problem... if you aren't eating ENOUGH calories, your body will go into starvation mode and store what you do eat as fat. Try making sure this week to get as close as possible to your calorie goal and see if that helps :wink:

Maybe. I am talking to a trainer about it today.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Welcome to those of you who have joined in the past two days. I'm glad you're here to share the journey with us!

Okay, time to get back on track today! I have a delicious (but small) steak, green beans and baked potato for lunch. I've made the switch to diet pop from regular pop to cut out the calories and to slowly attempt to cut out all soda again. My goal is to stay within my calories all week and to get my workouts in!

Good luck and happy exercising,
    Heather
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    I had a good weekend eating wise and kept busy. Sat we played outside and had fun and whammo Sunday kids with fevers and my tom starts. greeaaat. So I am bloated, crampy and crabby but I am going to work out anyway this afternoon.

I feel your pain!! My TOM is going to start soon but this month I am being very careful around sugar and salt...so I don't gain a ton a water weight like last month!! When I saw the water weight last month I almost died!!!! :noway: :laugh:
  • MindOverMatter
    Options
    Hello New Joiners!!

Welcome to the challenge! Please review the 1st post on page one and send me a friend request. Also please be sure to list your goals (that is part of the accountability aspect) we all have to face the numbers make peace with them and move forward. We are where we are but it is not forever, plus it gives you a realistic view of what you are trying to achieve here! Everyone on this site is here to lose weight and for a long time I hid the numbers, even from myself. I am tall so people always under guessed my weight by 40 lbs and that was a safety net for me...but I made peace with the real number so I could move forward. This is a lifestyle change and in order to change you lifestyle you have to be honest about it, look at problem areas, and change them. I am not going to say that it is easy...because it can be challenging...but it is above all else it is worth it!! It is never to late!!

So WELCOME aboard and please remember to set up your goals from now through January 1st!! :happy:
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and broke out the scale - I was a few pounds off from my guess. My scale has me at 142 tonight... I have a total of 17 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight.

Goal for Nov 1st: 139.5
    Goal for Dec 1st: 134.5
    Goal for Jan 1st: 129.5

(I know they're only 5 pound increments for the months, which pretty much defeats the purpose of being in a 10 pound a month challenge - but I honestly think for the weight I am, and the amount I want to get back down to, this is a fairly healthy assessment... hopefully this is ok with the group? And maybe being in this group will get my competitive spirit going again, and I'll try to outdo my goals by an extra pound or 3 a month)