Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Do you use any brand? I have some Heinz in my cabinet but everyone I know buys some expensive kind from the health food store. Is there a difference? I though about trying the 2 tablespoon a day thing with the Heinz, but have not yet.

The stuff from the health food store is generally organic (at least from my experience) and has the "mothers" in it.

This is the stuff I have at home:

http://www.iherb.com/Bragg-Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-with-The-Mother-Raw-Unfiltered-32-fl-oz/5711?utm_source=gb&utm_medium=f3

Benefits:

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/
  • hugthefish
    hugthefish Posts: 33
    Options
    I use it as a final rinse when I wash my hair...

Ditto. It get's all the nasty hard water chemicals out. I've never heard of it for diet, though.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My family has put this on veggies since I can remember. Broccoli, Brussell Sprouts, greens of any kind. This may be the reason my parents who are in their 70's have never had a weight problem and are healthy people!! I love the stuff.... put it on all my green veggies as well. I have never thought about just drinking it??

Summer Treat: My mother would marinate cucumbers in the ACV in the summer. Cut it up and put it in a container in the fridge. We would eat them for days as a treat loved them!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've had it off and on forget to take it so can't tell u if it works but I did like the taste if I swallow quickly
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I bought Braggs Organic with The Mother. I would drink it in 8 oz of water at least 3 times a day. I didn't really mind the taste diluted in water. Kind of like apple cider , spiked! LOL!. Anyways, it did nothing for my weight loss. I'm sure it's good for me INSIDE, but it did not speed my metabolism or help with my losing weight.

It did not work for me.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    The fact that it's apple cider vinegar seems irrelevant, what's important is the acetic acid (as in white vinegar etc).

Limited studies seem to confirm its usefulness.

Mice:

"We investigated the effect of acetic acid (AcOH) on the prevention of obesity in high-fat-fed mice. The mice were intragastrically administrated with water or 0.3 or 1.5% AcOH for 6 weeks. AcOH administration inhibited the accumulation of body fat and hepatic lipids without changing food consumption or skeletal muscle weight."

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf900470c

Obese Japanese People:

Acetic acid (AcOH), a main component of vinegar, recently was found to suppress body fat accumulation in animal studies. Hence we investigated the effects of vinegar intake on the reduction of body fat mass in obese Japanese in a double-blind trial. The subjects were randomly assigned to three groups of similar body weight, body mass index (BMI), and waist circumference. During the 12-week treatment period, the subjects in each group ingested 500 ml daily of a beverage containing either 15 ml of vinegar (750 mg AcOH), 30 ml of vinegar (1,500 mg AcOH), or 0 ml of vinegar (0 mg AcOH, placebo). Body weight, BMI, visceral fat area, waist circumference, and serum triglyceride levels were significantly lower in both vinegar intake groups than in the placebo group. In conclusion, daily intake of vinegar might be useful in the prevention of metabolic syndrome by reducing obesity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19661687

Hair Care:
    LiddyBit
  • jasonfndr
    jasonfndr Posts: 39
    Options
    I found this apple cider & grapefruit diet about 10 tens ago. It was in one of those books in the check out isle at the grocery store. Well anyhow, I did the diet for about 2 weeks and every joint in my body hurt. I stopped drinking the apple cider vinagar and in about 3 days I felt just fine.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I put some in a pan with water, bring to a boil and breathe in the vapors when I have inflamed sinuses. Works great!