Advice and profile pics

Options

Replies

• sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    I try to take everyone's advice but I am much more likely to try something that has been proven successful through their trial instead of something they hear and regurgitate to everyone else. Typically, people that are in better shape tend to have more of these trials in my opinion.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    honestly i don't much MFP advice seriously, even the ones who've lost a lot of weight, power to them but i've been doing pretty good on my own. What works for one doesnt necessarily apply to me (ex: eating exercise calories)
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what I'm asking, most of the time no, but for certain things I'd be looking for answers by certain types people (when it pertains to my gaining/lifting esp I'd probably put more weight in the words of gainers, bulkers and lifters.) But I still also take all advice with a grain of salt.
  • binabee2wechanged
    Options
    I don't care if the person is the color purple...I want supportive positive people...and I also appreciate honest critique...
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    No and No
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    not at all, I have a diverse list

This.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    No, I "Take what I like, and leave the rest" :flowerforyou:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have never accepted or rejected based on the photo.

I do however reject anyone that doesn't send a message because if they took 2 seconds to look at my profile the first things it says is "Send a message with your FR Please" no matter what their picture looks like, yes i've even done it to abs
  • Kalebsmommy424
    Kalebsmommy424 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nope not at all that seems a bit shallow to me
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm usually picky about who I will FR... but accept almost all the requests I get
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    No. I use a logical balanced approach of experience and knowledge
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    not at all, I have a diverse list

This.

same.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    No, because knowledge has nothing to do with what you look like.
    I knew what healthy eating was before I started my weight loss, I just made the choice not to follow it.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    nope, this is the interweb, anyone can have whatever pic they choose!

I sometimes lament the lack of fit male torsos and Vs on my newsfeed tho :ohwell:
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nope. If it sounds fishy, I look it up then decide.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Always take my advice...there,problem solved.
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    nah i add whoever!! Team No X-Q-S
  • hellokehtty
    hellokehtty Posts: 94
    Options
    I hardly ever get friend requests. LOL! But the answer would be no to both.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I don't judge advice by the pictures...because I put corny ones up all the time. Or pics of my boobs. I would hate it if people stopped taking my advice because I have a silly sense of humor in my pics.

That being said, I'm guilty of leaving a thread or disregarding advice of people who can't form coherent sentences or spell. I'm a spelling snob.

There, I've admitted it. I feel SO much better now!
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    If the picture is of someone who's obviously into being ripped and building a lot of muscle I am most likely not going to feel as if I want to follow their advice because they have different goals than me. Nothing against them but their advice is coming from their goals and experience and research and if they are on a different path than I am their advice may not be too relevant. I want to be generally in shape and thinner, but I don't want to be super strong and ripped.