For the runners with "FLAT FEET"

Options
I have no arch - very flat feet - What do YOU run in? I'm curious to find out what works best for you. Asics just doesn't do it for me anymore!

Replies

• lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If you go get fitted, they will get you in the right shoe. Asking on the internet, while interesting, doesn't allow people to evaluate things like your stride, your strike, pronation, etc.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    My husband has flat feet. He has a pair of Asics that would help but wouldnt be enough he purchase arch soles for his shoes I will have to look for the brand name and he swears by then he wears them on all his shoes LOL!!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If you go get fitted, they will get you in the right shoe. Asking on the internet, while interesting, doesn't allow people to evaluate things like your stride, your strike, pronation, etc.

probably the best answer ... it was on my to-do list... just now is a priority
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm flat footed and went to a running store and got fitted. They put me in nike zoom+ 15s well worth the trip
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    get fitted. it really depends

I am currently in nike pegasus with a pair of blue superfeet inserts
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i went to a running shop and got fitted with some asics, love them! dont get any pain in my hip anymore
  • Maiducali
    Maiducali Posts: 35
    Options
    I have flat feet along with weak ankle ligaments. I use the reebok zigzag ones because they absorb the best. Honestly you have to make sure you know what kind of flat feet you have. If you have a flexible one, meaning it works doesn't hurt to be in any kind of shoe than you should just look for a pair of shoes who are wide enough or your foot and fit snug. If you don't then you have to find a shoe is an arch that isn't high. You can put inserts in any shoe, but it depends on if your ankles are weak (which comes with flat feet) or if your feet are just plain flat. I've bought a lot but the reebok zigzag are my favorite. You can also try brooks, which are meant for flat feet and many enjoy. I tried them and like them but my zigzags feel better. PS I'm not a reebok fan at all either
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    With flat feet you can look into minimalist shoes and forefoot running.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'm flat footed and went to a running store and got fitted. They put me in nike zoom+ 15s well worth the trip

These are what I use. Love them. I didn't get fitted or anything, I just knew I overpronated and found a pair of Nike's that I knew would help with that. Worked like a charm.
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you should look into seeing a podiatrist. They can help with getting a custom-fitted orthotic (most insurance covers this). Then, you can go and get fitted for a running shoe.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I recently got fitted for running shoes and they put me in Mizuno Waves stability shoe. So far I love them!!

-flat footer, over pronator