Help I think I am addicted to eating out!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to eating dried out peaches.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXAUePS2kSXEmNgXDxGAkeejzS66L5CGFk_6XpklLHBDsl6BPk
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

That looks more like the backside of a peach than the front.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

OMG! :laugh: I love eating those too!! :tongue:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Mouth watering! :love: I can never get my hands on one of these when I'm craving one! :sad:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

Mouth watering! :love: I can never get my hands on one of these when I'm craving one! :sad:
    Be careful where you get yours from. You don't want to get a bad batch!
  • jjjohnson31
    jjjohnson31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    giggity.gif
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a "take out" or "fast food" addiction too! I try to remind myself that I could be buying ALL of my groceries for the amount my husband and i used to spend on take out. Before we got a better handle on our finances, that was $600 a MONTH! ridiculous.

trying whats called "once a month cooking" or OAMC - it helps me to have shortcuts prepared ahead of time. I always have ziploc freezer bags of onions, celery, carrots and green pepper. I also like to make a whole chicken in the crock pot and eat some for dinner, shred the rest and freeze for chicken tacos, casserole, etc. Then I use the bones and giblets to make stock which is wonderful and sooooo much better tasting than store bought chicken broth (i'm allergic to MSG).. I also have in my freezer right now, homemade cream soup, specifically, cream of celery, than can be used the way I'd use a can of it (again, MSG in canned soup).

For me, not a very good cook, it helps to have shortcuts on hand :)
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you eat out a lot, pick meals carefully. Normally restaurants give a double(or triple) portion so eat half. You should be fine just make good choices. Also you can buy rottissary(?) chicken at stores add a bad of salad and some low cal dressing and voila dinner is served :)
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Options
    I hate to say it but the most simple way to stop eating out, is to just stop eating out! Maybe take a cooking class or two as well and make good food at home for 1/3 the price. I hate to sound harsh but this really isnt a problem anyone can help yu with, it's just something you have to do on your own by staying digent and disciplined.
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I do very little cooking, but I still eat mostly whole, healthy foods. Last night, I made a sirloin, yams, and broccoli. It took less time than I would have waited for the pizza guy, and was far healthier.

It's not rocket science, either.

To bake a potato or yam, all you have to do is wrap it in foil and pop it in the oven.

A rotisserie chicken, as others have suggested, is awesome.

Fish and steak can be seared in a pan quickly and easily.

To steam veggies, all you need to do is pop them in a pot with a steamer basket on the stove for 5 mins.

Salads come in a bag. Add dressing and go.

Eat fresh, raw fruits and veggies. Zero cooking.

Have instant oatmeal and Greek yogurt for breakfast.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Your partner won't mind.. I'm pretty sure. ;)

Edited.. I actually read more than the subject line.

*Ahem* ...... *Walks away*
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    I have a "take out" or "fast food" addiction too! I try to remind myself that I could be buying ALL of my groceries for the amount my husband and i used to spend on take out. Before we got a better handle on our finances, that was $600 a MONTH! ridiculous.

trying whats called "once a month cooking" or OAMC - it helps me to have shortcuts prepared ahead of time. I always have ziploc freezer bags of onions, celery, carrots and green pepper. I also like to make a whole chicken in the crock pot and eat some for dinner, shred the rest and freeze for chicken tacos, casserole, etc. Then I use the bones and giblets to make stock which is wonderful and sooooo much better tasting than store bought chicken broth (i'm allergic to MSG).. I also have in my freezer right now, homemade cream soup, specifically, cream of celery, than can be used the way I'd use a can of it (again, MSG in canned soup).

For me, not a very good cook, it helps to have shortcuts on hand :)

These are actually reall good ideas! I need to use my crock pot and my breadmaker more often.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I eat out a few times a week. I kind of don't have a choice. So long as you make healthy choices it's fine.