Protruding bones

Options

Replies

• EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Had a similar issue with that and chest bones (like between your collar bones and chest), my boyfriend said they were attractive but mine only show when I breathe in sometimes. I'm thin but my bones are really small so I have to be at a bmi of 18.0 or so for them to really show much. I felt bad because sometimes he makes me feel insecure about my body without meaning to, but honestly if your boyfriend is with you chances are he adores your body how it is. Don't do anything unhealthy so that they'll think you look better, I dropped 17 pounds and my bf didn't even notice until I told him why I was wearing new jeans when he really liked my old ones...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I have never thought about it. Other than wrist and ankle bones, I have never had any.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i know one thing -- my husband hates protruding bones! one time i was laying on my back on the bed, disrobed, and there happened to be a bit of blanket under my butt, so it kind of pushed my hip-region up -- ergo, my hip bones were sticking out MUCH more than they otherwise would. when my husband walked into the room and saw me, he unconsciously said "EWW". i had to make him explain himself -- it really hurt my feelings at the time.

that said, i like my collarbone. when it first made an appearance, i loved it, and i still enjoy it. but i'm not going for hips and ribs sticking out... in general, i don't like being able to see what's under the skin, which is maybe a separate issue, but even stuff like being able to see veins under the skin kind of squicks me out... same with muscles, too, so i'm not going to become a bodybuilder any time soon...
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly find this attractive:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsWXIDByEGLoc1E4x4PvGNnKA1iRZNNGCNBu9YUVspenb93wrbGw

but I am a sucker for a nice collarbone, so glad I can see mine again.
  • JupitersGhost
    Options
    I quite like protruding hip and collar bones on a girl that's not emaciated. However, I do get freaked out by rib and chest bones. I don't know why.

Unfortunately, I have protruding ribs and my hip and collar bones are rather well hidden /sigh.

I wouldn't worry about your guy liking protruding hip bones. Everyone likes different things, but it doesn't mean that's the only thing they'll go for in a partner. :)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Hmmm...I was trying to make a decision one way or another on this question until I saw this pic.

Yep...I like em.

Then again I also like women who don't have them...so that probably just means I don't really care either way.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options

my first thought was "how the hell does she carry heavy stuff?" (my pouch-y sisters know EXACTLY what i'm talking about!)
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not on the opposite sex but on females, yes, I think visible bones are sexy. I dream and strive for my collar bone, hip bones, and ribs to show!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think it can be sexy on females...but it depends on the rest of her build too. I googled femal hip bone for some representative images...and found 31 freaking pictures on the Chive lol.

Hot to me:
    sexy-stomach-hip-bone-3.jpg

Not so hot to me:
    sexy-stomach-hip-bone-26.jpg

Again...hot to me:
    sexy-stomach-hip-bone-20.jpg

Not so hot:
    sexy-stomach-hip-bone-27.jpg

Remember...these are MY thoughts, about MY preferences. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with the ones I don't find as attractive, or that they're sick, or unhealthy...or anything else. Again...MY PREFERENCES.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Not on men. I LOVE the bones visible look on girls. I think girls that are thin with the bony hands/wrist/hips/collarbones are so beautiful. I have bony everything but hip bones and I'm working on those :) I don't think my boyfriend likes it tho, he thinks I"m too thin as it is.
  • isweatglitter
    Options

Now that is HOT.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

That looks excessive to me, and honestly I would be concerned for my girlfriend's health were her stomach to look like that. But, whatever floats your boat. I couldn't care less about anyone else aiming for that level of prominence.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Now that is HOT.

Damn straight :).
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    Luckily for me, my boyfriend and I both like it when my bones stick out.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    See, looking at a couple of images, I did catch myself thinking... yeah they are pretty sexy ladies!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    See, looking at a couple of images, I did catch myself thinking... yeah they are pretty sexy ladies!

Hay, don't take away from what you have, just by looking at what others have. They can be a good goal to set, as long as you don't mind putting forth the work. Don't think they are the best people only by the way they look, there is more to relationships than sexyness of one person. If that was the case, I know 50 people who wouldn't have a spouse or significant other
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    ...but what about the cushion for the pushin?

Precisely. Protruding bones = painful in the bedroom.

Personally? Some women/men genetically have bonier hips, others don't. Personally I have protruding bones no matter how much weight I put on. But I hate it... I prefer women with a smooth transition from waist to hip!!

What are you doing in the bedroom :huh:

My hip bones and collar bones never got in the way.

Oh yeah and just to add, cushion = big *kitten*, not big stomach.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    ...but what about the cushion for the pushin?

Precisely. Protruding bones = painful in the bedroom.

Personally? Some women/men genetically have bonier hips, others don't. Personally I have protruding bones no matter how much weight I put on. But I hate it... I prefer women with a smooth transition from waist to hip!!

What are you doing in the bedroom :huh:

My hip bones and collar bones never got in the way.

I know right? Unless you're full on belly flopping on them...I can't imagine it being an issue.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    ewww bones

I agree anything "protruding" doesn't sound too sexy, but each their own.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think he's talking about a nice, thin middle and when the hip bones kinda show, it is sexy.......we're not talking about gross, boney looking girls, I know exactly what he's talking about........:)